Engine Light

Dondada

I have had my lx450 for about 7 years, and for the most of it my engine light has been coming on frequently, recently I have replaced both o2 sensors, egr valve, oil change. plugs, wires... what do I got to do to solve this annoying problem, Lexus diagnosed it as o2, then egr, and now they want 95.00 an hour to search for electrical problem!! also my gas milege has worsened dramatically over the years please help with any advice you might have, truck has 110,000 KM. or 70,000 M.

I have had my lx450 for about 7 years, and for the most of it my engine light has been coming on frequently, recently I have replaced both o2 sensors, egr valve, oil change. plugs, wires... what do I got to do to solve this annoying problem, Lexus diagnosed it as o2, then egr, and now they want 95.00 an hour to search for electrical problem!! also my gas milege has worsened dramatically over the years please help with any advice you might have, truck has 110,000 KM. or 70,000 M.

I'd go to the Autozone and have them pull the code to find out where the problem area is. They'll pull the code for free, and that way you can arm yourself with as much info as possible. If you don't have the FSM, post up the code here and I tell you what it's for.

I very common code is P0401 and a very common problem for this code is the VSV for EGR. I had this code and intermittent CEL for about six months. Replaced the VSV, and all's gone.

:cheers:

Rookie.

Thanks I'll get the code and post it , what does VSV stand for and where is it located, thanks again.

VSV = Vacuum Switching Valve.

Here's some info on what the VSV does:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h61.pdf

I'd have to check the Factory Service Manual to get the exact location of the VSV on the 1FZ engine...

It's nestle up underneath the Air Intake Chamber. Some have claimed you can unbolt it laying underneath the rig and using about 3 foot extension. I just removed the throttle body to get to it.

Rookie2

VSV = Vacuum Switching Valve.

Here's some info on what the VSV does:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h61.pdf

I'd have to check the Factory Service Manual to get the exact location of the VSV on the 1FZ engine...

It's nestle up underneath the Air Intake Chamber. Some have claimed you can unbolt it laying underneath the rig and using about 3 foot extension. I just removed the throttle body to get to it.

Rookie2

Thanks for the info guys, any decently priced part distributors for the VSV and a EGR Vacum Modulator, thanks.

• 3 years later...