Check This Out Guys....

blake918

Here's my boat cruising effortlessly down I20 as she slips 250k miles under her belt(this was sometime last week. I think Tues. I'm at 250,2xx now.). I look foward to 250k more! B) I'll post up some stats(expenses, fuel econ, etc.) from my past 25.5k miles this week.

gallery_1461_84_1110244634.jpg

gallery_1461_84_1110244643.jpg

I took this after seeing an ES with 123,456 miles. I missed the 234,567 mile mark, so I took one with even numbers. lol

gallery_1461_84_1110244626.jpg

:cheers:

Impressive automobile! I knew you would make the 250K mark. I would say you can go another 250K easy!

I think my old LS is near the 250K mark now too. I think the girl that bought it from me said it was up to 244K now. :D It had 235K when I sold it.

Great shots Blake!!!

The LS rolls on.............It's kinda like the "TERMINATOR" of automobiles - indestructable

:cheers:

I'm @ 270,700 now in my LS400, 1990. I just checked the compression while replacing the timing belt/waterpump: 165-185 psi, no oil burn, no tranny slippage!

They just keep rollin' along!

John

Impressive!! Did you do the timing belt replacement yourself? How difficult was it -- I've purchased the repair manuals and hope to do it myself. Assuming you've had the car since 1990, did you ever have to re-shim the valves (lifters)?

Thanks,

fkleba

I'm @ 270,700 now in my LS400, 1990. I just checked the compression while replacing the timing belt/waterpump: 165-185 psi, no oil burn, no tranny slippage!

They just keep rollin' along!

John

Impressive!! Did you do the timing belt replacement yourself? How difficult was it -- I've purchased the repair manuals and hope to do it myself. Assuming you've had the car since 1990, did you ever have to re-shim the valves (lifters)?

Thanks,

fkleba

I did the replacement myself, using a tutorial from this site. You might find the thread in archives if you search "timing belt". It took me about 12 hours over 3 days, partly because I was waiting for parts, and partly 'cause I'm slow and methodical. Now, I could probably do it in 6-8 hours, if nothing went wrong.

I bought the car 2 years ago from original owner, and nothing in his records indicated a valve/shim adjustment.

John

And my friends said I was crazy for buying anything that was 9 years old with 85k miles on it. Those fools! Of course, when you're used to Chevy's, then I can understand their point of view. Hahaha

These are awesome cars, worth every penny, even the ones for repair. :D

Hope to be posting my 250k mark some day soon. Got the 100k coming up. She still gets 26 mpg, strong, fast, quiet and handsome. Nicely done Blake, nicely done! :cheers:

Whew, I'm going to have to get busy if I need 255k by the time of the meet! lol I just drove past my usual Shell station, and the price of 93 jumped 16 cents overnight(last fill up was $1.99/gallon). :censored:

Brenden, she still drives and perfroms like a new car! 20/26 fuel econ and she still accelerates like a bat outta bell(a few guys have seen the mpeg, so they can back me up. lol)! B) Not a single non maintinance mechanical repair this year!...the only bad thing that happened was my cd changer croaked, and I'm having a really hard time stomaching the $1,000 price tag. I think Sirius radio would be a good option at this point. No mechanical repairs in 26,000 miles, what a car!!! B)

NC, your car is just a small child with under 100k. :lol: You are right-it's hard to see those repair bills, but it all pays off in the long run!

RFelds, are you comming to the DFW meet in April? We need more delegates from Louisiana. :)

Thanks for all the nice words everyone! :cheers:

Congrats Blake!  That is definitely an accomplishment.  :cheers:  I hope to hit 250k as well in the future (almost close to 200k right now).

Thanks! :cheers: You'll be at 250k before you know it!

Hey Blake,

over here in california, san francisco, gas is 2.39 for 91 and is climbing. some stations has already hit $3.00  :cries:  :censored:    so be happy at what you are dishing out now.

True, true! ;) I was just suprised to see the price jump like that! BTW, what octane ratings do yall have? We have 87,89, and 93...no 91. hmmm...

When I filled up my Acura the other day- premium was $1.99 per gallon, but they have a special on Friday's where you get premium gasoline @ the mid-grade price- so I fill up my fuel tank every Friday. <_<

Hey Blake,

over here in california, san francisco, gas is 2.39 for 91 and is climbing. some stations has already hit $3.00  :cries:  :censored:    so be happy at what you are dishing out now.

Hey Blake,

over here in california, san francisco, gas is 2.39 for 91 and is climbing. some stations has already hit $3.00 :cries:   :censored:    so be happy at what you are dishing out now.

Ya I spent $2.47 for 91 octane yesterday and later that day it jumped to $2.49. Sheesh, damn Bay Area gas prices.... <_<