Resetting Indicator Light

I recently changed both low beam bulbs on my 98 es300 but the dash indicator light (shows that a bulb is out) is still on. I've checked all front lights and all are operational, including low and high beams

How do I reset to get the dash headlight indicator turned off?

Thanks again for any help...

Regards,

CP

OK...I checked and all taillights are operational...including directionals and I still have the problem. There is no bulb that is out.

Anyone out there know what need to do to get that headlight indicator light on the dash reset?

Thanks for any help,

CP

Actually, I've looked at the brake lights and they're operational. I've also done a search...in fact that was the first thing I did (I'm not into wasting anyone's time). Thanks anyway, I'll find another way to handle this.

CP

Actually, I've looked at the brake lights and they're operational. I've also done a search...in fact that was the first thing I did (I'm not into wasting anyone's time). Thanks anyway, I'll find another way to handle this.

CP

c'mon, we're trying to help out.

I'm actually having the same issue. I would not reset as that "ignores" the possibility of a real problem. the idiot lights don't go on without reason.

I'm convinced my issue is probably a loose bulb somewhere. I'll try and check all the bulbs by hand as soon as I have time.

I would revisit this site as it is the most helpful place on the net in my opinion.

some people who post will have their bad days, just don't take it personal.

that's the issue with email and postings, you can't tell the other person's true thought, view, or attitude.

no biggie.

there is no other forum specific to our cars that have as much info and that includes the passionate fans!

(ok, don't visit the corvette forums)

:cheers:

I had this problem with my LS400 a few months ago. All of the lights lit up, but the malfucntion light was still on. I went to the dealer and bought all 8 of the brake lights. I greased them and put them in...problem solved. A lot of times the malfunction light comes on before the light actually goes. ;)

CP

c'mon, we're trying to help out.

I'm actually having the same issue. I would not reset as that "ignores" the possibility of a real problem. the idiot lights don't go on without reason.

I'm convinced my issue is probably a loose bulb somewhere. I'll try and check all the bulbs by hand as soon as I have time.

I would revisit this site as it is the most helpful place on the net in my opinion.

some people who post will have their bad days, just don't take it personal.

that's the issue with email and postings, you can't tell the other person's true thought, view, or attitude.

no biggie.

there is no other forum specific to our cars that have as much info and that includes the passionate fans!

(ok, don't visit the corvette forums)

Thanks much EDC...I appreciate your post. And you're right, this site has been enormously helpful. I go through it periodically just to see what's going on with others and their cars. And its incredible what I've learned, and I'm quite grateful that such a site exists.

What I'll do is just what you're going to do, namely go through the bulbs by hand.

If you come up with anything at your end that might be useful, would you post? And I'll do the same. ..

Thanks again...and I do appreciate you reaching out.

Regards,

CP

cheers:

Thanks Blake...will keep that in mind. Intersetingly enough, I've learned that one of the areas that most frequently gives trouble on the es300 is the lights...which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't such a bear to get to(at least the headlights were).

As I mention with EDC above, I'll go through them one at a time and maybe I'll have some luck. Thanks again.

CP

The 'light out' sensor works on a resistance principle, and automatically resets after turning your ignition key off and then on. If the resistance is not within the parameters set by the manufacturer, then that will trigger the indicator light to come on.

The problem is due to bad bulb(s) or oxidation in the bulb socket. A contact cleaner should resolve this conflict. :)

The 'light out' sensor works on a resistance principle, and automatically resets after turning your ignition key off and then on. If the resistance is not within the parameters set by the manufacturer, then that will trigger the indicator light to come on.

The problem is due to bad bulb(s) or oxidation in the bulb socket. A contact cleaner should resolve this conflict.  :)

well, something is definitely loose , as the indicator light is now off.

let's see when i turn on the lights tonight on my way home ,if the idiot light turns back on.

The problem is due to bad bulb(s) or oxidation in the bulb socket. A contact cleaner should resolve this conflict.  :)

well, something is definitely loose , as the indicator light is now off.

let's see when i turn on the lights tonight on my way home ,if the idiot light turns back on.

dammit, i was right, the light came back on the minute i turned the lights on.i will solve this on saturday