Popping In The Front.

well i have a 97 lex , i have bout 120000 miles on it and for bout a year now, if u go around a turn fast, you can hear a poping as she suspension moves, it also does the under hard breaking. it mainly comes from the pass side in the front, but there is a noise on the left side, it like a thumping noise, when u hit a bump. i have checked uder the hood, replaced all 4 struts, but still the noises remain. what can be?

well i have a 97 lex , i have bout 120000 miles on it and for bout a year now, if u go around a turn fast, you can hear a poping as she suspension moves, it also does the under hard breaking. it mainly comes from the pass side in the front, but there is a noise on the left side, it like a thumping noise, when u hit a bump.  i have checked uder the hood, replaced all 4 struts, but still the noises remain. what can be?

Have you checked your CV Joints..to make sure your boots still have grease in them..and theres NO tears in the rubber...for the grease to escape..?

well i have a 97 lex , i have bout 120000 miles on it and for bout a year now, if u go around a turn fast, you can hear a poping as she suspension moves, it also does the under hard breaking. it mainly comes from the pass side in the front, but there is a noise on the left side, it like a thumping noise, when u hit a bump.   i have checked uder the hood, replaced all 4 struts, but still the noises remain. what can be?

Have you checked your CV Joints..to make sure your boots still have grease in them..and theres NO tears in the rubber...for the grease to escape..?

Please check Strut Mount and Lower control arm bushing

well i have a 97 lex , i have bout 120000 miles on it and for bout a year now, if u go around a turn fast, you can hear a poping as she suspension moves, it also does the under hard breaking. it mainly comes from the pass side in the front, but there is a noise on the left side, it like a thumping noise, when u hit a bump.  i have checked uder the hood, replaced all 4 struts, but still the noises remain. what can be?

Please check Strut Mount and Lower control arm bushing

thanks for the ideas are they anything else, it only does it during suspension movement, u can cut the wheels from left to right and no noise.

• 6 months later...
When the struts were replaced were the isolators replaced as well?  They go bad due to normal wear & tear & quite common in the 2nd generation ES's.  Only problem is the struts need to be removed again if they need replacing.

well i have replace most of the bushing in the front, and the strut seat and bearing, but the noise is still there damn...

Check suspension connecting / mounting points.

The most common of all (not that any of them are common) would be sway bar end links, or mounts backing out enough to allow movement.

Make sure the stut assembly is on good.

Check suspension connecting / mounting points.

The most common of all (not that any of them are common) would be sway bar end links, or mounts backing out enough to allow movement.

Make sure the stut assembly is on good.

i will check the sawy bar, it is the last thing i can think of that could be causing my prob... yeah i have had the strut put on removed and reinstalled no change what so ever.

the noise is a popin not a thump........the thump is gone just the poping left.

• 2 months later...