Oil On Pcv

Hello,

Not long a go i did change PCV. while i was working on car today, I noticed there is oil on PCV and hose. Is this a common?

Thanks,

The rubber gasket that holds the PCV valve, on the valve cover is probably dried up and leaking oil. Replace it and your leak will go away. :)

Thanks,

I did replaced Gasket when i changed PCV., but that was from Autozone.

Lets try to use Toyota this time.

Thanks,

From PCV you are going to Intake. There is another tube from front valve cover is going to Intake without PCV.

Somebody please explain.

Thanks,

I did replaced Gasket when i changed PCV., but that was from Autozone.

Lets try to use Toyota this time.

Thanks,

From PCV you are going to Intake. There is another tube from front valve cover is going to Intake without PCV.

Somebody please explain.

that tube serves as a secondary vent. its more of a recirculation tube, all of the air gets put back through it. im nopt sure what you would call it exactly, but it can be capped with a small filter.

Hello,

This thing really surprize me. Today i pulled PCV from Gasket and turn the car on. There was no positive crank pressure in valve cover. there was a vaccum on PCV side.

So, while you driving your car, oil fumes created by heat, pcv sucks and put back in intake.

I also open front valve cover tube, no pressure and no vaccum.

Why they called PCV.

Thanks,

Hello,

ArmyofOne, You are right, Friend of mine who is good mechenic he told me same.

its like safety valve.

Thanks,

no problem. as for your suction issue, the PCV valve only works one way...so the pressure thats in the crankcase with the valve in place will only go oput, it wont suck more in. its a one way valve. now, without your valve in place, you have the condition you got. its compeltely normal.