Cd Player Reading 'err'

I need some help my CD changer has just started to read Err when I try to play CDs....I purchased it from a guy on this board around this time last year......Can you guys tell me what's wrong with it? Do I have to buy another?

Mine does the same thing. Everyone I've asked says "buy a new one, they're cheap!" I suspect it's only an alignment problem, or dirt on reader, but there is no money in repairs, as replacements are cheaper. What kind is it?

• 2 weeks later...
I need some help my CD changer has just started to read Err when I try to play CDs....I purchased it from a guy on this board around this time last year......Can you guys tell me what's wrong with it? Do I have to buy another?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine does the same thing. Everyone I've asked says "buy a new one, they're cheap!" I suspect it's only an alignment problem, or dirt on reader, but there is no money in repairs, as replacements are cheaper. What kind is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let

I just posted a note asking about the err message as well. What you described is EXACTLY what mine started doing. It loads the discs...plays for a while, then stops playing and reads "err 21". Mine ejects the cart all right, but it won't play. Radio and tape is fine. This apparently seems to be a common problem, and surely someone, somewhere knows what the trouble is. Can anyone out there tell us whats up with this???

BlkLxus <_<

I just posted a note asking about the err message as well. What you described is EXACTLY what mine started doing. It loads the discs...plays for a while, then stops playing and reads "err 21". Mine ejects the cart all right, but it won't play. Radio and tape is fine. This apparently seems to be a common problem, and surely someone, somewhere knows what the trouble is. Can anyone out there tell us whats up with this???

BlkLxus <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I