Fuel Smell

got a full tune up 5 days ago, since i picked up my car and till now, the inside of my car reaks like fuel, what is that, spilt fuel on my engine or oil or something from changing the fuel filter, its coming out of the vents, reaks

got a full tune up 5 days ago, since i picked up my car and till now, the inside of my car reaks like fuel, what is that, spilt fuel on my engine or oil or something from changing the fuel filter, its coming out of the vents, reaks

I would take it back immediately to the person who did the work. That could possibly be extremely dangerous. Good luck with it! :whistles:

its not leaking gas, but its so strong it like burns ur eyes , im gona go ask the mechanic monday

Fuel smells that strong definitely means there IS a leak!! Don't wait to get this taken care of, before your car has an explosion! :chairshot:

im gona wait 5 more days to see if the smell goes away

why would you want to wait 5 more days when you have been smelling the fumes for the last 5 days since you took delvery after service? contact your mechanic ASAP, i.e. first thing in the morning. i never detected any fuel odor when i had my fuel filter replaced. for your safety and anybody else i would not recommend parking your car in a closed garage. better yet park it outside awayyy from the house. and i wouldn't even think about trying to crank it up. good luck and be careful.

The fuel lines that go to and from the fuel filter on these cars EASILY strip. it takes a few cans of pb blaster and a tap on the nuts ( :P ) to get them loose correctly. if they stripped out a nut, it will leak.

brought it back to the mechanic, it was leaking fuel on the drivers side of the engine, he tightened somethin up on the lift , and said its dry now, the inside of my car still reaks, smell better go away in a day or so , but he put his hand down there , grabed somethin, lifted his hand up, and it was covered wth fuel , he tightened some bolt looking thing

brought it back to the mechanic, it was leaking fuel on the drivers side of the engine, he tightened somethin up on the lift , and said its dry now, the inside of my car still reaks, smell better go away in a day or so , but he put his hand down there , grabed somethin, lifted his hand up, and it was covered wth fuel , he tightened some bolt looking thing

Tsk Tsk... you should have him buy you a tank of gas for your trouble. :D Hopefully that solves the problem.

thats exactly what it was, the hard lines werent tightnened all the way. glad you got it sorted out.

:)

The air freshener "Frabreze" works real good at killing that gas smell. Spray it in the car with the windows up over night. Also just before hitting the road spray lots into your air vents on the outside of the car, then drive with your outside vents open. The smell of the air freshener sucks but after two days no odors at all.