Replacing 1991 Ls400 All Seats With 1997 Ls400

ceenu

I've 1991 Lexus LS400 the seats are very very bad.

I want to replace them with 1997 Lexus LS400 seats , i know 1997 Lexus LS400 seats

have air bags, i'm not worried about those, i just need to better cusion and good looking

leather on the seats.

Can some one help me with this ?

If seats fits as it is then i am fine with it. I dont need power adjustement or airbags or heated function.

Just want to fit them into my 1991 Lexus LS400.

Some experts please look into this seriously and help me plz.

Thanks & Regards,

Srini

I posted this same topic b4 and someone had told me that the seats in the newer models are different then the 1st gen/older models. And that basically they wouldnt fit, which was upsetting to me because i had found a some '97 leathers on ebay for cheap that were in perfect condition. Im still tryin to figure out if there is way to put them in but i dont know. Good luck finding out because i would like to know as well.

This is common with old cars, mine are bad too. You can't just put a newer model seat in. As the previous poster said, they are different. What you need to do is recover them. While doing that you put some extra foam in there and it should work like new. For a full interior leather kit plus install you would be looking at well over $1000....leather is expensive!

Oh, and of course, if you really really want to put 97 LS seats in a 91 you could. It would just require serious modification and big bucks. IMO, you should just by a 97 LS!

Hi ,

I've contacted a guy from leatherseats.com

and he said we have high quality leathers if you need and he sent me those pictures of what he made , you can contact him if you would like

sales2@leatherseats.com

I didn't try to buy from him , since I'm far away the USA. so I just left it to the highly need time.

post-2172-1110108589_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1110108600_thumb.jpg