Wind Noise

I have a 99 GS400. I've had for about four months now. I am getting wind noise form my driver's side window. I hear it coming from the top corner of the window. I am not sure if this window was ever replace or not. I am thinking that the window seal is not matching up with the window. I have tried to putting round foam seal in the window seal to try and make it more airtight. This is not helping. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you cure it? Or do I have to buy a new seal? This noise is annoying, especially in a Lexus!

Try using an air hose, if you have access to a compressor. Aim the air hose at the window & door seals while someone is inside the car to listen for an air leaks.

Another trick is to put duct tape around the outside of the window seal & drive it.

If the wind noise goes away then that's your problem. Hope this helps.

It is definitely coming from the window. I figured that out today. Is there any way to fix this, or do I need to buy a new window seal?

First you need to make sure it's the seal and NOT the door itself. <_< My GS3 does the same thing, it's not the seal it's the plastic surrounding the window that's warped ever so slightly. Common problem, solution is to replace the plastic, expensive, or get a set of the JDM window vents.

1998 & up second generation GS's doesn't have the same warpage issue as 1st generation. Sounds like a window seal. Have you inspected the seal to be sure that it's seated properly & not worked itself loose? The drivers window seal is usually the 1st one to get distorted since it's the most used window.

I have a 99 GS400. I've had for about four months now. I am getting wind noise form my driver's side window. I hear it coming from the top corner of the window. I am not sure if this window was ever replace or not. I am thinking that the window seal is not matching up with the window. I have tried to putting round foam seal in the window seal to try and make it more airtight. This is not helping. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you cure it? Or do I have to buy a new seal? This noise is annoying, especially in a Lexus!

I have a '99 GS300 with the same wind problem...took it to the dealership the first week after I bought it and they couldn't help...pulled out a service bulletin saying it was caused by the design of the driver's side mirror and that I'd have to "live with it"!! Major dissapointment...the only one I've had with this car!! Didn't expect that from Lexus...

Okay, I'll buy that. However, I was in a drive thru car wash last week (touchless I might add), and a ever so tiny drop of water got on the inside the top corner or the window where this wind noise is coming from. The side mirror can't possibly cause this.