Anyone Ever Installed "monroe Sensatrac" Struts?

90LS400Lexus

I am wondering if anyone has ever installed "Monroe Sensatrac" struts on any of their Lexus, or any of their cars in the past.

If so, did they give a smooth, comfortable ride?

I am considering installing them on one of my cars, but want to know if they offer a soft and smooth ride before I do. I am looking to get the softest ride possible.

Thanks in advance.

I am wondering if anyone has ever installed "Monroe Sensatrac" struts on any of their Lexus, or any of their cars in the past. 

If so, did they give a smooth, comfortable ride? 

I am considering installing them on one of my cars, but want to know if they offer a soft and smooth ride before I do.  I am looking to get the softest ride possible. 

Thanks in advance.

isnt that what the "firestone", "pepboys" places use? I would strongly advise you against doing so, if you dont like the OEM style cushy ride, try to go for some bilstein if its possible.

Yeah, that is what I want- a soft and cushy ride. I was asking about this for my Acura Legend, because it seems like no one on the Acura forums have used these on their cars. I guess I will call the Acura dealer tomorrow and see what the OEM sell for. For my Lexus- it was very reasonable- only $51. each- which suprised me.

I went with the OEM on my Lexus and it provided a soft ride, but still not as "cushy" as I wanted it.

Thanks.

isnt that what the "firestone", "pepboys" places use?  I would strongly advise you against doing so, if you dont like the OEM style cushy ride, try to go for some bilstein if its possible.

• 1 year later...
I went with the OEM on my Lexus and it provided a soft ride, but still not as "cushy" as I wanted it.

I'm about to change my struts, and I'm afraid of the same thing. So, are OEMs the softest? Is that the general consensus, or are their aftermarket brands that might be a little softer (which is what I'm really looking for.)?

blake:

I put on the KYB GR-2's.....................I don't recommend them unles you want a moderately firm ride. I've gotten used to them, but in hindsight, I wish I had installed OEM's instead.

Didn't KYB make the OEMs for Lexus?

Yes, KYB did make the OEM struts for Lexus, but was specifically designed for the LS400 and is a different damping force than the GR-2's that have a firmer ride. Personally I would go with the OEM part on this and it's only about $55 a piece from Irontoad, newlexusparts, or lexus-parts.com.

90LS400Lexus - Just wondering - how many miles on your LS, and have you looked at any other suspension components that can compromise your ride quality in addition to your struts?