New Headunit

Ok it took some work but I finally have my new headunit in. Now all I have left is to hook up my amp, capacitator, and my 2 15's and I'm done. For now. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

:chairshot: Smitty

post-16168-1109779883_thumb.jpg

post-16168-1109779902_thumb.jpg

Ok it took some work but I finally have my new headunit in. Now all I have left is to hook up my amp, capacitator, and my 2 15's and I'm done. For now. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

:chairshot: Smitty

post-16168-1109779883_thumb.jpg

post-16168-1109779902_thumb.jpg

How do you like the JVC? I have a pioneer deck in my es and I love it, with a 6 channel nakamichi amp for the 2 10's and mids. 15's seem a bit extreme for me but it is mainly preference. Let me know how it sounds when you complete it.

I was wondering what did you use for the outlining of the deck? The black piece around the deck, what kind is that? Thanks.

Great job, 10. That install looks very professional.

B) Did you retain the sub in the rear deck? If so, what size did you buy?

Any mods required for the oem opening?

were did you get the face plate for the headunit.  i thought they did not make one for the 1997 ES.  please let me know i have been looking for one for a while.

i see them on ebay all the time 94-96&97-01ES.. there's one on ebay right now for $20shipped. search for "lexus es300 radio kit"

"YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BRAND NEW HARD TO FIND FIT KIT FOR YOUR STEREO FOR ALL LEXUS ES300 97 - 01 MODEL YEARS, AND ALSO SOME OTHER LEXUS MODELS. THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TURBOKIT MADE BY METRA, AND IT IS MADE OF HIGH QUALITY PLASTIC THAT WILL NOT BREAK. LOOKS REALLY NICE WHEN INSTALLED!"

hope this is what youre talking about.. if not sorry.