Best Exhaust For Is 300?

mummer43

It depends on what you want. If you want the most HP

then i would say JIC TI/SS or HKS Hiper.

For the the most HP and quiet.... L-tuned

Middle of the pack in sound and HP again is the HKS Drager.

Which i think sounds the best.

There are alot more out there

Such as Tom's,Greddy EVO, Blitz Nur Spec, Tanabe, 5Zigen Fireball, etc.

So far people have gotten JIC, HKS and L-tuned are very happy.

-D

well i have an Injen intake for my GT Celica, i think Injen makes good intakes since they're more popular(i heard...). im thinking about getting one for the IS300 too. but for the exhaust, quite expensive but im saving up for L-sportline exhaust. i think that L-sportline is own by Toyota too, just like TRD. TRD makes stuffs for Toyota, L-sportline samething. i think!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all hello everyone. I currently drive a 01 IS e-shift. I want to upgrade my air intake. I bought a AEM short ram. My question is, why does the check engine light keep coming on, and will that clear up? I took it off, because I needed to take it to the dealership for some routine service. I did not want to hear anything about it. you know. Also, lastly...I want to put it back on, will this engine light thing clear up? Can someone let me know, if they have had similar experience...and what did you do? Thanks

• 10 months later...

the light will return, that is just not a good intake on this car, cause turbulent air flow through mass ait meter and intake air temp sensor with no piggyback ecu to control this issue from what i have heard only 2 good intakes the "srt" and area 51 intakes both use the piggyback ecu and actually make more power witout cel.

others cause cel and actually lose power just my 2 cents

I would say the SRT Intake is the best for the IS300, it comes with an ecu and there dyno charts say it adds 22hp which is double of any other intake for that car.

If your not going to add a SAFC or emanage SRT is where it's at :cheers:

I think the Rod Millen exhaust for the IS300 is flat out awesome. I have no experience with any other exhausts but it IMHO is perfect. It's not one of those coffee can type exhausts that is overly large, and it's not excessively loud either. In fact at engine idle and under normal acceleration you'd be hard pressed to tell it apart from stock. However when you get on the gas and push the rev's up towards the red zone the back end comes alive with the sound of music and it's a very refined sound. Lift off and it's back to quiet . . . it's perfect.

Rod Millen's web site has an audio link where you can listen to it . . . obviously its hard to tell from a .wav / .mp3 file how it would sound in person but it's better than nothing.

http://www.lextasy.com/is300_rmm_exhaust_837_prd1.htm

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/is_300/exhaust.htm

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/is_300/is_sounds.htm

• 1 year later...

check out some of these exhausts...we were tired of this question on the forums so we decided to get a bunch of IS's together and at the EOS meet a couple of years back we ran a bunch of exhausts...click the "i6 exhaust competition"

http://lgwnorcal.com/videos.shtml

the fact is your taste and my taste is different. so what I think sounds, looks and performs well (apexi N1 full cat back...not in the video), you may not like.

rolo

• 1 year later...

I have just joined this forum becuase I am now seriously considering upgrading my '03 IS300 with an intake and exhaust to start. If anyone has any recommendations for headers I am all ears. I actually work in the aftermarket car parts industry. I work in the sales dept at AutoAnything in San Diego, CA.

If anyone is interested in taking a look, check us out at: http://www.autoanything.com. We have Eibach, Sprint, K&N, and many other big names. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of exhaust options for imports. We carry all the US brands like Magnaflow and Flowmaster, but nothing out of Japan.

I noticed that everyone likes the HKS Dragger and the SRT intake combo. I have been doing some shopping around and like the looks of the Tanabe Touring Exhaust. It is all 304 stainless steel construction, has a dual wall exhaust tip, and is supposed to be pretty quiet while still releaving enough back-pressure to give you that extra boost.

Someone is selling a used SRT intake on Craig's List for $375. Does that sound like a good deal? I was thinking about getting a K&N FIPK intake since my company sells them and I can get a really great price on it.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason K.

Feel free to give me a call at 1-800-874-8888 ext. 157

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
the light will return, that is just not a good intake on this car, cause turbulent air flow through mass ait meter and intake air temp sensor with no piggyback ecu to control this issue from what i have heard only 2 good intakes the "srt" and area 51 intakes both use the piggyback ecu and actually make more power witout cel.

others cause cel and actually lose power just my 2 cents

Hi all,

Can anyone weigh in who has installed the SRT intake? The website claims gains that are inconsistent with that actual dyno. Anyone have any information on HP gains with the SRT alone?

So far I have found that intakes are generally not worth installing without doing exhaust as well.

Also, the soldering part takes me pretty far out of my comfort zone, so I would probably leave that to a professional. I read about someone on this forum that fried their ECU with a used SRT they bought off of Ebay.

Ironically, my ECU has already fried once and been replaced by Lexus.

Thanks for any input.