I Added Xm To My Es300 This Weekend

Hey - you have a 97 es300 right?

I added sirius to my lex recently, but i did fm modulated and it sounds like *BLEEP*!

I would like to do waht you did with the rca cables, but all my audio is stock lex equipment - no aftermarket at all except the kenwood sirius tuner. It has rca outputs, so i could possibly do it, but do you know of - or can you think of a way to do it to a stock lex system?

I go to Rutgers Newark, and I see u go to NJIT. I wouldn't mind seeing what you did with the lex, with the cpu in the truck i could only imaging what you got goin in there. If you have any pix of inside the car, all sealed up (everyday), could you post. (Receiver, etc.)

--Antonio

Hey - you have a 97 es300 right?

I added sirius to my lex recently, but i did fm modulated and it sounds like *BLEEP*!

I would like to do waht you did with the rca cables, but all my audio is stock lex equipment - no aftermarket at all except the kenwood sirius tuner.  It has rca outputs, so i could possibly do it, but do you know of - or can you think of a way to do it to a stock lex system?

I go to Rutgers Newark, and I see u go to NJIT.  I wouldn't mind seeing what you did with the lex, with the cpu in the truck i could only imaging what you got goin in there.  If you have any pix of inside the car, all sealed up (everyday), could you post.  (Receiver, etc.)

--Antonio

Yea i had an fm modulator for the computer but removed it becuase it did not sound as good as i wanted.

what fm modulator are u using. in the lex to get any good sound u have to use one like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

that one injects the fm right into the antenna and sounds much better then the ones that you just place near the stereo.

I when to NJIT but graduated a year ago and just use there hosting for free now. I am only about 40 mins north if you ever want to come and see it. this link has many more of the things I have done to my ES

My Webpage

and by the way some pics of it done below

P9050060_JPG.jpg

sd2_JPG.jpg

P9050063_JPG.jpg

PC120043_JPG.jpg

I haven't heard ANY satellite radio that sounded great using any kind of FM Modulator, so far. As said before, the ideal way to install these radios is to hard wire into the factory radio. IMO

I used the fm modulator kenwood puts out - i'll find the model number later.

What i actually did, because it sounded like crap, i wired one of those cassette tapes that you would use with a portale cd changer inside the radio, and out the back into the dash - so all wires were invisible, and hooked it into the rca jacks of the modulator.

I put the kenwood display for the radio in the sunglasses holder, and used an IR repeater and mounted it in front of the clock.

Here's a few questions that sparked my interest:

I noticed that you mounted your IR repeater eye in your clock also, but yours in invisible, how'd you manage that?

What kind of screen did you use with the computer in dash?

I might be interested in adding a pc in the trunk...

(What is used as your Keyboard and mouse? - looks like you're running xp on there)

I used the fm modulator kenwood puts out - i'll find the model number later.

What i actually did, because it sounded like crap, i wired one of those cassette tapes that you would use with a portale cd changer inside the radio, and out the back into the dash - so all wires were invisible, and hooked it into the rca jacks of the modulator. 

I put the kenwood display for the radio in the sunglasses holder, and used an IR repeater and mounted it in front of the clock.

Here's a few questions that sparked my interest:

I noticed that you mounted your IR repeater eye in your clock also, but yours in invisible, how'd you manage that?

What kind of screen did you use with the computer in dash?

I might be interested in adding a pc in the trunk... 

(What is used as your Keyboard and mouse? - looks like you're running xp on there)

to hide the ir repeater in the clock I actually removed the clock and split it in half. I then filed a hole in the side of the clock for the wire to come out. the ir pick up I placed under the 00 on the clock and clipped the hole thing back together. this way you see nothing.

P1010001_JPG.jpg

P1010003_JPG.jpg

The screen i am using is a http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.p...&products_id=33

i think i payed 300 shipped about 2 years ago. It is a VGA touch screen so i use that for everything. i do have a extra hook up in my glove box for a mouse and keyboard but i have not used them yet. i do everything throught the touch screen.

I am running windows XP pro media center.

You have any pics of yours set up i always like to check out what other lexus are running