I Have A Couple Questions.

First of all, i have a 92 es 300 with 150000 miles on it and i was wondering if it would be worth it if i got the engine rebuilt. Second, i was wondering if the inside of the needles on the RPM and speedometer are liquid or a light, because i was told at the lexus dealership that it was liquid and it would cost around $800 to fix, but then i was also told that it was a light bulb inside the needles and i could buy the cluster for $99. Which is correct?

Read the "FAQ Lexus ES" section in the pinned thread listing at the top of the ES section. The instrument panel needles are discussed in this thread.

There are also numerous other discussions on this particular problem. Use the "Search" function.

First of all, i have a 92 es 300 with 150000 miles on it and i was wondering if it would be worth it if i got the engine rebuilt. Second, i was wondering if the inside of the needles on the RPM and speedometer are liquid or a light, because i was told at the lexus dealership that it was liquid and it would cost around $800 to fix, but then i was also told that it was a light bulb inside the needles and i could buy the cluster for $99. Which is correct?

The needles are LED's..go to DASHUSA.com, they can permanently repair so they will not burn out again. Cost is around 350.00. I sent my Cluster in to them and am very satisfied with their work.

Dash USA is currently being named in a copyright infringement lawsuit against a utility patent LLS holds for the needle design which was aquired directly from Lexus by strict permissions on the design of single fire and multiple fire alternative led sources in the Lexus needles. So your best bet would be to go with Stevie's suggestion :)

Utility patents are issued by original patent holders to individuals that significantly modify an original design enough to justify a separate, but not detached completely from, patent. A "branch" of an original if you will. There are only two people authorized to build these, one is lexus (via nippendenso)... guess who the other is ;)

The biggest impact this will have is that they (dash usa) will not be allowed to honor warranties, since they cannot build for resale. Lextech will still keep it's usual lifetime warranty.