Seat Memory Button

ford212.809

Hell all,

My seat memory switch(set) is depressed in will not retract.  Is this an easy fix?  How much does the switch cost?  Any feedback is appreciated.

Sorry - HELLO ALL! (bad typer)

You can always edit your posts. All you do is click edit, and you can make any changes you deem necessary, instead of making a separate post. ;)

Hell all,

My seat memory switch(set) is depressed in will not retract.  Is this an easy fix?  How much does the switch cost?  Any feedback is appreciated.

the car has to be in park with your foot OFF the brake pedal. then it will work usually.

Hell all,

the car has to be in park with your foot OFF the brake pedal. then it will work usually.

Thanks Justin,

The button is not working AT ALL. There is no movement whatsoever.

It's possible there's just a loose wiring connection underneath the seat. This is easy to check, just remove the 4 bolts holding the seat to the floor (they're camouflaged by little plastic pieces that pop off with a screwdriver). Once loose, tilt the seat back a little and use a flashlight to get a good look at all the cabling. There's a silver box underneath the seat, that's the memory settings module.

Another possibility could be loose wiring in the door.

To get inside the door (as best I can remember):

1. Remove the 4 screws from the bottom of the interior panel of the door

2. Remove the 1 screw from the little plastic hook from near the door latch area of the "jam"

3. Title the bottom of the interior panel away from the door (toward the inside of the car) and lift the panel off of the door. This may require a little jostling, but be careful not to break any of the plastic parts.

Once inside the door panel, you could check for loose wiring to the memory switch module.

I guess it's possible there could be an inline fuse somewhere in the mix, but I've never seen one.

Finally, it's possible that the memory switch module in the door is prone to self-destruction the same way the window switch is. I've had to replace my window switch in the driver side door before. Once I had the old one out, I dismantled it to see where the failure was and it turned out to be just a blown resistor of some capacity. Black burnout residue was all around the affected window switch. I'm not sure whether moisture or faulty design is to blame for that but it seems to be a common problem.

Good luck.