The Legacy

ArmyofOne

i have the same dash warpage from the sun on my car , like above the center console, it bothered me , i put a clock, thermostat think there so i didnt have to look at it

dont ignore it! it will crack!

replacement is unfortunately the only option.

i have the same dash warpage from the sun on my car , like above the center console, it bothered me , i put a clock, thermostat think there so i didnt have to look at it

dont ignore it! it will crack!

replacement is unfortunately the only option.

with this last go-round, im pretty much left with stuff i can do myself. this has put a HUGE dent in my list, and a fairly large hole in my wallet ;) )

Motor and tranny mounts

Rear main seal

Power steering pump (still working, but leaky)

High Pressure Power Steering Hoses

Shocks/Struts/Springs (lowering when i do it)

Fuel Filter

motor and tranny mounts and the fuel filter i will do myself.

along with the struts and springs, but i will use jason's tools to do those.

looks awsome , i cant wait to get my timing belt and water pump done

I added it up, and i have spent $4,333.39 since aquiring this car, and im due for $1200 more at JP Imports for the Power Steering Pump and High Pressure Feeds, then $800 for the Rear Main Seal (which im not even sure is leaking at all) and THEN, the dash and paint.

looks awsome , i cant wait to get my timing belt and water pump done

I added it up, and i have spent $4,333.39 since aquiring this car, and im due for $1200 more at JP Imports for the Power Steering Pump and High Pressure Feeds, then $800 for the Rear Main Seal (which im not even sure is leaking at all) and THEN, the dash and paint.

Tint will installed monday (5% rear, 20% front) and new tires (falken ziex ze-512's in 190-60hr15).

You still may not have a reliable car because your transmission was slipping the other day and the cylinder head could be warped and corroded due to the prior owners' failure to service the cooling system. The cylinder head gasket may also be marginal now too if the overheating warped the cylinder head.

You still may not have a reliable car because your transmission was slipping the other day and the cylinder head could be warped and corroded due to the prior owners' failure to service the cooling system.  The cylinder head gasket may also be marginal now too if the overheating warped the cylinder head.

Cylinder head is fine, compression is still GREAT: 1: 168, 2:170, 3:169, 4:170, 5: 171, and 6:172. I'm not losing coolant, there is no smoke, the tranny has stopped slipping, that was my fault. There is a bad seal on the speedo input gear, when i tilted the car back, the tranny fluid spilled out of the case, and settled on the lower part of the unit, thus never hitting the ground, nor making it appear that i had a leak, but the fluid was no longer in the transaxle. Thus it slipped. I added fluid, and now all is well. :D

Oh and FYI, a tranny for this car is 540 dollars. I think i can handle that. I'll Take 2 days off of work and pull out and reinstall, piece of cake. I have done this before and i can do it again, no issues. The problem will be finding time to do it. I pay a mechanic to do my work because I choose to, not because I have to. This car is reliable, and i have driven vehicles with slipping trannies many many many miles. They are simply annoying as all hell, not really anything more than a nuisaince until they go.