Rx300 Air Intake Filter Replacement

Maertens

Hi,

Is it a complex procedure to replace the air filter by yourself? Any info how to?

10x

Very easy to do, just locate the air box on the driver side of engine bay. Loosen those 2 clamps and wiggle the top portion that connects to the air hose until you get those two "hinges" clear of plastic reteners. Lift up and you will see the air filter.

Exactly right.

The hardest part is wiggling the cover out and back in until you get used to it. It can be a little tight when it sticks to the rubber edge on the filter.

If you have a shop vac or a vacuum cleaner with a hose I would take just a moment to vacuum out the air box while you have it open.

Tom

When I attempt to replace mine I remove the 2 clamps but it looks like the MAF or a long hose is connected to one side. Do I have to remove the entire hose thing ...

No. Just lift the top enough to access the filter. Don't forget to watch that vacuum hose in the rear as mentioned above.