Be Aware...lexus Make Mistake Too!

Here's the story...Bought my GS from a private owner and showed me all the service records from with Lexus. Thinking cool, until yesterday when I check the tranny fluid level and was way beyond the "H" mark. So I proceeded to do a drain and refill on the tranny. It drained out little over 4qts of fluid "that's almost twice as much as required". I filled it to up and only needed 2 1/4 qts. . I know the consequence of overfill and now I'm hoping the tranny is OK!

It was my mistake of not checking earlier...But to all Lexus owners out there double check to make sure everything is proper on your vehicle often!!!

Kevin

Whenever I have service done, from Lexus or wherever, I always check all the fluid levels right there in the parking lot before I drive home. How clean was the fluid and when was the last service done?

I'm sure the tranny is fine if it drives okay.

It was serviced by Lexus at 46k...It now has 62k on right now! So the tranny was in the high level since then. But the tranny does seems operating fine! The fluids drained out dark red with no metal filings...thank god :whistles: !!!