Just Got Tune Up, Blue Smoke

Transit921

help me out, cause this is bad news, i just see like smoke from cold weather, i dont see blue smoke, and it passed inspection last year

probably old valve stem seals. means a head rebuild usually. I would wait to do it until you have to.

he may have just ben blowing smoke up your !Removed! too.

it coudl also be something as simple as spark plug seals, fouled plugs, thinsg fo this nature. but not likely since you just got then replaced.

help me out, cause this is bad news, i just see like smoke from cold weather, i dont see blue smoke, and it passed inspection last year

probably old valve stem seals. means a head rebuild usually. I would wait to do it until you have to.

he may have just ben blowing smoke up your !Removed! too.

it coudl also be something as simple as spark plug seals, fouled plugs, thinsg fo this nature. but not likely since you just got then replaced.

May be running rich. the car is burning oil if he saw smoke...thats IF he saw smoke.

I would start by having the compression checked on the engine. It should help determine whether it's the valve seals or piston rings that are worn out. If the compression is low & squirt some oil in the cylinder that is low & take another reading. If it remains low then it's in the cylinder head (valve seals). However if the reading increases then it's worn pistons or piston rings. LOL

i havent noticed it, the mecanic told me today , gona check it out tomorow , freaked me out , last thing i want is my engine burning oil im gona check the dip stick, and see how low it is , or if its ok

I agree with the compression check, i presumed your mechanic did this whne he did the tune up.

and engien can burn oil for years and still run fine. in fact, there are cars out there that burn more oil than gas and run ok LOL. howeverm yoyu wont pass most state emissions tests, so i woudl get ti fixed.

The motor is non interference. if youe timing belt breaks, the engien will die and not start back up again. The clearence is fine. there is too much room between Mr. Piston and Mr. valve for the 2 to touch. the valves are recessed in the head too far.

i dont think i burn that much oil, i just checked it, i have a nother question, on cars like ours armyof one, is better to switch to a synthetic oil, like mobil 1 , and if you do switch to a synthetic, do you need a special synthetic oil filter, my engine has 119,000 miles, 14 yrs old, should i stay regular oil, or switch to synthetic oil, let me know .

i dont think i burn that much oil, i just checked it, i have a nother question,    on cars like ours armyof one, is better to switch to a synthetic oil, like mobil 1 , and if you do switch to a synthetic, do you need a special synthetic oil filter, my engine has 119,000 miles, 14 yrs old, should i stay regular oil, or switch to synthetic oil, let me know .

already bruning oil, i wouldnt switch.

if you werent burning oil i would say defiantely.

but i dont get into these kinds of discussions, becuase they get heated and then there are "differences of opinions". if you want more info, email or PM me.

watch your oil consumption over the next 1000 miles not the next few days.

If you have to add a quart in that 1000 miles, that is a little excessive.

as for your filter, not any good quality filter will surfice.

you might want to try a heavier oil, like a 10w-30 if you are running 5w-30 right now. This is totally acceptable too and might help any minor burning if present.

steviej