Money Not Well Spent

i got sick and tired of not having enough bass so i went after market.

i got a 1200.1 kicker amp and 2 kicker soloberic L5 12 ". the box was built to spec but the bass is having trouble coming inside the car. i am sure it is a common probledm any solutions please hellp. thanks. and yes i removed the stock subwoofer.

I have the same problem, as you probably noticed I think it's a gas tank behind the seat. That does not allow much sound in at all. I don't think there is a real solution to the problem. I'll be interested also if any one knows how to overcome it.

i got sick and tired of not having enough bass so i went after market.

i got a 1200.1 kicker amp and 2 kicker soloberic L5 12 ". the box was built to spec but the bass is having trouble coming inside the car. i am sure it is a common probledm any solutions please hellp. thanks. and yes i removed the stock subwoofer.

Hey guys, I had a similar problem with my first LS. My equipment was different but the fix might be something you might be able to look into. Either way I will be leaving the stock system in my latest LS and change out the Amp and Sub.

System in first LS was Kenwood head unit with 3 preouts. 2 Kenwood amps a 2channel and a 4channel. The 3rd preout on the receiver was a throughput or you could ajust sub frequencies. This 3rd preout was connected to 2 channel kenwood (set to mono) which in turn was connected to one JLAudio 12W3V2 . The Bass was most depressing to say the least. No matter with way I face the sub, and the settings on the receiver, it just was not going to the cabin as much as I would want too. If I opened the trunk the bass was just everywhere and I wished it sounded like that in the cabin. After much frustration, even looking into other amps I decided to put an electronic crossover in the trunk and make the 3rd preout a throughput on the receiver. The difference was from night to day. The bass was heart felt and no mater where I place the sub in the trunk it sounded the same up front.. The sub seemed to use less power as the cone didn’t move nearly as much and was so much cleaner and louder. I could put a cd in and enjoy the music in all styles of music from easy listening to heart pumping hip hop and old school rap. Even though I thought that if I kept it all Kenwood they would have been made to sound the best, there is nothing like getting equipment from companies that specialize in their field.

I did not want to get Kenwood amps but I couldn’t justify spending so much on amps. After putting in the electronic crossover I have a different respect for Kenwood amps. I’ve had better but for the price not bad.

I think the problem that you are having is the signal going to the amp could be better. This month I will be tackling this item, which involves replacing my stock sub and amp. Will be trying with and with out crossover and using the radios sub pre outs and the amps output with high to low converter. Will post findings when I’m done.

Can everyone with this problem please let me know how you Equipment is connected? It could help the rest of us when we attempt to install our replacement sub and amps.

If you replaced it and it sound good and had no problems please post how you connected and if possible the equipment used?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a Kenwood KDC-528 Headunit, A Kenwood 1200 Watt Amp, and one vented kicker 12 inch L5 Subwoofer. Let me tell you, that thing pounds, inside my car and out. People tell me they hear me from a block away coming down the street.

I have a Kenwood KDC-528 Headunit, A Kenwood 1200 Watt Amp, and one vented kicker 12 inch L5 Subwoofer. Let me tell you, that thing pounds, inside my car and out. People tell me they hear me from a block away coming down the street.

if you want to get all the bass you can into the car go to a car stereo shop and talk to them about a custom box they can make u a ported box which is what u want if u want loud deep bass and they can make the port go into the current sub location so u hear EVERYTHING from ur subs which is what im getting done the guy gauranteed me it would work and for $300 it aint bad and if it doesnt hed refund all my money

Are you guys getting your hearing checked every six months? Take it from a former headbanger back in the 70s, your ears are going to pay the price unless you're wearing earplugs while driving....

well if thats the case then, then why do people drink and why do people smoke they kno it will hurt them in the long run but its jsut personal preferences u kno? :cheers: me personally i like my music loud and bass deep but thats just me i only drive in my car 5x a week for about half hour a day so its not bad for me