Es 300 Cd Changer In Sc400

brucelee

Pls correct me if I am wrong. The 6 disc changer from an ES300 yrs 92-96 will plug and play with the base radio/stereo from the 92-98 SC400.

If anyone has model numbers on the changer from the ES, please post.

Thanks so much!

yes it is plug and play the plugs are the same, no tricks and they work much better than the SC's 12 disc player. The only way it would't work is if your sc has the base audio system that does not have a cd changer and the cd button on the headunit. Otherwise it works would have done it myself, but I now use my ipod so i don't need cd's.

• 4 weeks later...
yes it is plug and play the plugs  are the same, no tricks and they work much better than the SC's 12 disc player. The only way it would't work is if your sc has the base audio system that does not have a cd changer and the cd button on the headunit. Otherwise it works would have done it myself, but I now use my ipod so i don't need cd's.

I very interested in hooking up an ipod to my 1992 SC300. What was involved in your installation?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

I very interested in hooking up an ipod to my 1992 SC300. What was involved in your installation?

Thanks!

BUMP.

I use xm with built in fm modulator and quality is lack-luster. Would like to know if anyone has figured out the wiring for direct line in or what options there may be. Would also like to know if anyone has gotten any newer equipment cd changers to plug and play, or splice and at least work with head unit controls or even a remote just for the changer. Thanks for any info.

P.S. i would just change out the head unit but thats opening up a whole new can of worms and i don't feel confident in any local stereo shops doing so as the high-end stereo shops just don't exsist in my sleepy town.