Coolant Part Number (antifreeze)

IlyaIlya

Hey , any one has the coolant # so I can call and order it from toyota/dealer or maybe just go and pick it up there. And will that part # work for lexus/toyota? is it interchangable since its same company?

i probably need 2 of those 1gal bottles right? the radiator should hold 1 or so.

I think i have that reddish coolant, i just want to drain mine and fill up one bottle back, and will repeat it 2 month later so i dont have to do a full flush etc(too lazy for that) .

I would want a premixed antifreeze not to have to mess with mixing.

Is it hard to drain existing one in the radiator? in most cars i had i just had to unscrew one bolt and it leaked out . Any other tips?

thanx guys

You don't have to order it, you can go to either Toyota or Lexus parts department and they'll give you the antifreeze (yup they're interchangable). It costs about $12-13 for a container. To my knowledge, they don't sell it premixed. For my ES it took only one gallon of the Toyota antifreeze. Your owner's manual actually shows you were the drain plugs are to empty out the coolant.

Is it hard to drain existing one in the radiator?  in most cars i had i just had to unscrew one bolt and it leaked out .  Any other tips?

yes!, dispose of the old coolant safely and properly. Don't flush it down the storm drain!

the "pink" super long life stuff I believe comes in a premix 60/40 mixture but the "red" long life coolant is undiluted.

do a search, as within the last six months, someone posted proper instructions for refilling an ES coolant system. It is not as straight forward as just pouring the new stuff in. The ES system traps air bubbles easily.

steviej

I just now went to the garage to check the label and the part number for the premixed 50-50 Super Long Life pink coolent is 00272-SLLC2.

The price label on the 1 gallon plastic container says $14.24 although the Toyota parts department guy usually gives me a healthy discount. I was just in the Toyota parts department tonight buying brake fluid and they had a rack of coolant on display.

Hey ,  any one has the coolant # so I can call and order it from toyota/dealer or maybe just go and pick it up there.  And will that part # work for lexus/toyota?  is it interchangable since its same company?

i probably need 2 of those 1gal bottles  right? the radiator should hold 1 or so.

I think i have that reddish coolant,  i just want to drain mine and fill up one bottle back,  and will repeat it 2 month later so i dont have to do a full flush etc(too lazy for that) .

I would want a premixed antifreeze not to have to mess with mixing.

Is it hard to drain existing one in the radiator?   in most cars i had i just had to unscrew one bolt and it leaked out .  Any other tips?

thanx guys

in a 1997 the EG coolant is normal EG coolant. The red color is a dye they put in. You can use any, repeat, any EG coolant per Lexus in that model year.

Long life coolants are ELC and not EG coolant. Two different things. Do a search since this topic has been beaten to death.

WHAT IS ELC?

Coolant made out of Ethylene Glycol (EG) what brings H2O boiling point up.

This is just coolant. you can buy any coolant.

ELC=Extended Life Coolant. It is like Dexcool which can not be combined with normal EG coolant. ELC can be purple, red, pink, yellow, etc. Color means zero if you are trying to by the color to see which type.

well if i have ELC , and you said you cant mix with regular , what should i do? only way is to do a full flush and put in new of any brand ,

I m not really sure if i have ELC or not, but it looks reddish/pinkish in color

shrug, I hate all this car stuff, i thought i would not have to mess with es300 as i did with my talon, but i guess i m wrong

thanx guys, i ll figure soemthing out, or will shell out 150 bux to have it flushed/filled

i guess will be working free this week hehe

thanx again

Ilya

well if i have ELC , and you said you cant mix with regular  , what should i do?   only way is to do a full flush and put in new  of any brand , 

I m not really sure if i have ELC or not,  but it looks reddish/pinkish in color

shrug,  I hate all this car stuff, i thought i would not have to mess with es300 as i did with my talon, but i guess i m wrong

thanx guys, i ll figure soemthing out, or will shell out 150 bux to have it flushed/filled

i guess will be working free this week hehe

thanx again

Ilya

My 98 had pink/red coolant but is is normal EG coolant per Lexus. I would see what the manual states but I would guess that it is normal EG coolant. I switched from the red to green (diesel coolant) and is fine.