2006 Gs430

I just took delivery of my 2006 Mercury Metallic GS430 on Friday. I traded in my 1999 GS400 with 75000 miles. The 2006 is such an awesome machine that I am thrilled I waited for the new body style. My new past time is reading the 603 page manual! That doesn't even include the navigation manual!

where's the pics?

I will take some when the weather gets better! PROMISE!

Do you feel there were any changes to the back seat area vs your 99? Bigger?

The rear seats are more wrap around and plusher. I wish they were heated and cooled like the front seats.

2006- No more room in the rear though?

I ask because I'm going into real estate sales and will probably upgrade my ES in 1.5-2 years. I was wondering if I should even look at the GS or just wait for the next LS. Rear seat room is one of the big concerns.

SW03ES,

I did not notice any more rear room when I sat in the 2 that my dealer had last week. I think you would be much better served with an LS if you are going to be having a lot of people in the back seat. Also, you will get fewer "heel scuffs" from people getting in and out in the LS simply because the door opening is larger. I noticed that my shoe seemed to catch the door sill when I tried to get in and out of the GS rear seat.

2006GS430 - I agree, we don't care about the weather. Bring on the pics!

Tom

You got one already??? Official intro at my local dealer here in Vancouver is on March 5th! Got an invite yesterday. I am so jealous....

Pics, my friend...who cares if the weather is crappy?

My dealer owed me big time and let me take delivery ahead of time. And yes...I will get some pictures......

I agree about the LS having a little more foot room and larger door openings if you will have alot of people getting in and out. It's just that I had 2 LS's for my 99 GS400, and I thought the Ls is just a little too "old man" for me...But you have to think about your clients as well..