97+ Tail Light Conversion

lexus082

I just tried installing my new set of 97+ tail lights on my 94 and they don't seem to fit. I started with the right side first and the lock cylinder does not come close to fitting in that hole in the tail light. Also, when I was installing the tail light seemed to overlap the bumper cover possibly not allowing it to fit. Do I need to get the 97+ rear bumper cover so they will fit? Any help would be appreciated!

lexus082,

When I put 97 tails on my car, I recall it being very snug. The fit is not exactly straight forward, that is I had to move in at an angle for a proper fit. Take your time and try different angles of approach. Good luck!

lexus082,

When I put 97 tails on my car, I recall it being very snug. The fit is not exactly straight forward, that is I had to move in at an angle for a proper fit. Take your time and try different angles of approach. Good luck!

Thanks. I managed to get the left side in and the right side was so tight I had to make the two inside holes a little wider. Everything fits, just waiting on the new 97+ taillight failure module to get rid of the indicator light that stays on.

Does the failure module lie to the ECU or does actually work and let you know when the lights fail.

I believe it is functional and not just a bypass. Not for sure you could ask lexuspros.com because they include it in the 97+ taillight conversion package.

It is functional. It will work just like normal and alert you when there is a bulb out. It will also provide a normal blinker instead of the annoying fast blinker that happens when you upgrade to 97+ tail without getting the module.

• 2 weeks later...