Diagnostic Codes

SAMOHT023

I HOOKED A CODE SCANNER UP TO MY 93 SC400 AND IT GIVE ME CODES 14 AND 41.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CODES ARE AND WHAT VEHICLE SYSTEMS THEY PERTAIN TO?

Hi Sam,

I don't know if it's the same for 1993 but in my 1992-SC400 book it says this;

CODE 14 : NO IGF1 SIGNAL FROM IGNITOR NO.1 - IGNITION

CODE 41 : OPEN OR SHORT IN CIRCUIT FOR MORE THAN 0.5 SECOND - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR.

If you wish I can email you the 2 complete pdf files for my 1992 manual.

Cheers!

I HOOKED A CODE SCANNER UP TO MY 93 SC400 AND IT GIVE ME CODES 14 AND 41.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CODES ARE AND WHAT VEHICLE SYSTEMS THEY PERTAIN TO?

Hi Sam,

CODE 41 : OPEN OR SHORT IN CIRCUIT FOR MORE THAN 0.5 SECOND - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR.

Cheers!

Hi Sam,

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

I have a problem also. I don't know what the codes would be but my 1997 SC300 runs and cranks beautifully unless I let the car sit for more than 3 days. Then the battery dies and I have to jump it off. Yes, I have replaced the battery and was told the alternator is OK. Do you think I could have a short circuit somewhere? All the interior lights, radio and everthing works unless I let it sit for 3 or more days??? Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...
I HOOKED A CODE SCANNER UP TO MY 93 SC400 AND IT GIVE ME CODES 14 AND 41. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CODES ARE AND WHAT VEHICLE SYSTEMS THEY PERTAIN TO?

Hi Sam,

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

I have a problem also. I don't know what the codes would be but my 1997 SC300 runs and cranks beautifully unless I let the car sit for more than 3 days. Then the battery dies and I have to jump it off. Yes, I have replaced the battery and was told the alternator is OK. Do you think I could have a short circuit somewhere? All the interior lights, radio and everthing works unless I let it sit for 3 or more days??? Any suggestions?

Your 1997 is OBDII compliant. Purchase a scanner, e.g. actron CP9175 from Amazon for $145 plus $21 for the computer cable and you will be able to diagnose just about any problem with your car. With our 1993 SC300s we seem to be in the transition period and just missed getting OBDII. The OBDI is not nearly as easy to work with. BTW - I am looking for a copy of the error codes for our vehicles. Maybe the Mitchell CDs I ordered will have them. Anyone have a list in an email format?

Hi Sam,

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

If you are anywhere near TN (I see you are in GA) you can use my big Snap on scanner. It'll tell you what you had for breakfast. I'm hoping (guessing) you had it fixed by now since you posted in february.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone have a rundown of codes for 99? I guess all OBDII have the same codes

I HOOKED A CODE SCANNER UP TO MY 93 SC400 AND IT GIVE ME CODES 14 AND 41. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CODES ARE AND WHAT VEHICLE SYSTEMS THEY PERTAIN TO?

Hi Sam,

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

If you are anywhere near TN (I see you are in GA) you can use my big Snap on scanner. It'll tell you what you had for breakfast. I'm hoping (guessing) you had it fixed by now since you posted in february.