Eibach Springs

SAMOHT023

I'VE JUST INSTALLED AN EIBACH PRO KIT ON MY SC400. LOOKS GREAT AND HANDLES GREAT BUT THE REAR SPRINGS MAKE A LOUD CLASHING SOUND WHENEVER I TRAVEL OVER BUMPS. I TALKED TO EIBACH AND THEY SAID THEY HAD ISSUES WITH THE SPRINGS ON THESE VEHICLES AND THAT THEY REVISED THEM. I HAD TO GIVE THEM THE SERIAL NUMBER OFF OF THE SPRINGS SO THEY CAN DETERMINE IF THE SPRINGS ARE THE OLD OR NEW DESIGN. THEY SAY THAT IF THEY ARE OF THE OLD DESIGN, THEY WILL SEND ME OUT ANOTHER SET OF SPRINGS. IF THEY ARE THE NES DESIGN THEY WILL SEND OUT SOME COIL ISOLATORS TO SLIDE OVER THE COILS TO DAMPEN THE SOUND WHEN COILS COMPRESS UNDER LOAD. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS WITH LOWERING YOUR SC. I'LL REPOST WITH THE RESULTS FROM MY DEALINGS WITH EIBACH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I had the same problem when I installed Eibachs on my 92 SC400 last summer. I did a write up of how I resolved this issue on another forum. I did exactly what Eibach wants to do for you. I attached some rubber hose around the top coils in the rear to absorb the coil slap that was occuring over certain bumps or pot holes. It worked great as the noise went away.

No. We just used some rubber fuel hose, split it down the middle and wrapped it around the upper coils. We secured it with plastic zip ties. The only thing we had to do was remove the wheel. It took a total of about 20 minutes to do both rear springs.

• 8 months later...
No. We just used some rubber fuel hose, split it down the middle and wrapped it around the upper coils. We secured it with plastic zip ties. The only thing we had to do was remove the wheel. It took a total of about 20 minutes to do both rear springs.

Hey I was wondering if you guys had any more problems with your Eibach springs?...

Did you install the SC400 or the Supra springs?...I was just wondering if the Supra springs were the ones having the problems...

Overall how do you like the Eibach springs?...I am currently trying to decide if I want to go with the Eibach springs and Tokico HP Shocks or just get coilvers...Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Mostly from the right rear, sounds when going over bumps. I had LesSchwab do the installation. Also I notice that the car seems to sway a bit more on freeways after the lowering with the Eibach Pro Kit. This concerns me more than the sound itself. Does anybody notice on their car? Before lowering it, the car drove fine, I didn't notice any swaying or following the dip in the freeway.

So what does this mean? Bad shocks, bad bushing?, lower control arm?

Thanks,

MoonySC400