Where Should I Go From Stock?

Go4Shoped

Long story short, i have a limited income(dont really want to spend that much over $8k)

I have a stock sc300

I have 3 choices:

1. leave the car stock

2. leave the engine at 117k miles and turbo it(as well as the regular intake, exhaust, etc)

3. do a 2jz swap from a jspec supra tt

if i do just add the turbo, which kit should i get? i hear the fmax kit isnt too great and toyomoto is the way to go. problem is from what i saw the toyomoto kit costs $10k+

also it needs to be sorta reliable. this car has to get me to work, school, volunteering(40min away), partys, dates, and friendly outings.

please, it is very important to keep this as inexpensive as possible since im working off of a 16yr old's pay(yes im 16 but dont think i cant handle the power. i learned how to drive with a 3000gt vr4 TT)

TY ppl

turboing the existing motor is cheaper than doing a swap in some cases it may cost the same and the motor will have more power than if you swap but if you swap there is more potential from there compared to the na motor which would need the motor to be worked on.

• 2 weeks later...