Thundercloud Edition

RyanLBart

:cries: Does anyone know if the multi-panel moonroof is available with the Thundercloud edition? According to www.lexus.com, it is a $300 option. But unfortunately, when I went to go ORDER (the car is being made for me!), my dealership told me that I couldn't get the two together. I am completely confused on why they can't make my car with the Thundercloud edition? Any ideas anyone??? Thanks in advance!

Sometimes Lexus does that.

See you're not ORDERING a car, you're just selecting from certain ways they build the cars. Think about it, they can't build AND ship a car in 2-3 weeks, you're just selecting from many different cars already built and the dealer is allocating a similar car to their inventory.

For whatever reason Lexus only builds cars certain ways, for instance you cant get the ML audio without the navigation system even though it LOOKS like you can, they don't make certain color combinations etc.

From how I understand it, you can order cars. Most people just preference cars and that's just selecting a car that's being shipped in your region to have sent to your dealership. Ordering takes at least 3 months.

When I went to purchase an RX330 about a year ago, they said the performace package was on hold from factory and I wouldn't be able to preference one since none were coming in. I went to another Lexus, and I got the SUV in 2 months.

Anyway, call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA and ask them if there are any restrictions on the thundercloud model. They will know if you cannot package those things together. I had to do that when ordering an MR2 in Phantom Gray Pearl with SMT and LSD because the Toyota dealership said they were not able to order a car with those packages in that color. I now own that exact car.

Yes you can definately special order a car, they can even paint them any Lexus color even colors not availiable on that model. You just have to be prepared to wait 4-6 months and pay closer to sticker price.

Yes you can definately special order a car, they can even paint them any Lexus color even colors not availiable on that model. You just have to be prepared to wait 4-6 months and pay closer to sticker price.

really? huh, no wonder i saw on the road yesterday an 01/02 Rx300 with the Woodland Green Pearl color, which i think got discontinued in 99 or 00.