Cost Of 60,000 Mile Service

norcallexus

My 2002 ES300 is rapidly approaching 60,000 miles on the odometer. I plan to take it to a local Toyota dealership that also has a mechanic with Lexus experience. I was just wondering what to expect when the bill comes. What have most other paid for the 60,000 mile service. I know it is supposed to be a major service so I am expecting it to be a bit hit to the pocketbook. :cries:

My Toyota (City Toyota) dealer charges me about $425 for a 60k service on my Camry V6. They refuse to work on my ES300. I would expect to spend about $400 to $500 or so on a 60k service. It sure beats spending close to a $1000 at a Lexus dealer.

My 60K is coming up too (in 5k miles). I will cut most of the cost by doing a major portion of the stuff in my driveway.

i can do the oil and filter, tranny drain & fill, rotate tires, spark plugs (still debating if this is even needed), wiper blades, cabin filter and PCV valve.

The dealer gets to do the coolant, brake and power steering fluid flush and fill. I am debating on having a motorvac done at this time as it can only help and not hurt. I am guessing that will run be about 3-4 bills.

steviej

Are you going to replace the fuel filter too Steviej?  I don't know the maintenance schedule on the fuel filter for your ES.  I know my dealer automatically replaces them every 60k miles.

according to the service manual, the only one I have is in the fuel tank, so no I am not touching that one.

steviej

Well, took my 2001 ES300 to a Toyota dealership and had the 60K service done. They were very thorough and covered everything that the service manual called to be serviced plus washed and vacuumed it out. Out the door with tax it totaled $554.20. Could have been worse since the Lexus folks wanted nearly $1200. I'm satisified. :D

Well, took my 2001 ES300 to a Toyota dealership and had the 60K service done.  They were very thorough and covered everything that the service manual called to be serviced plus washed and vacuumed it out.  Out the door with tax it totaled $554.20.  Could have been worse since the Lexus folks wanted nearly $1200.  I'm satisified.  :D

Just curious, which Toyota dealer did you go to? Florin Rd. Toyota said they'd be willing to work on the ES300, so I'm just curious which dealer you had gone to.

OFFTOPIC- Which Les Schwab had the Hunter Road Force balancer?

Michael

Yes, they did change spark plugs and PCV valve, Steve. Although I question if the plugs needed changing so soon.

Since I live in the foothills, I took mine to Thompsons Toyota in Placerville. That might be too far for someone in the Sacramento area. But since I work in Sacramento, I went to the Les Schwab on Northgate Blvd. for the Toyo tires. They did very good work and figured out my tire problem quickly.

Are you going to replace the fuel filter too Steviej?  I don't know the maintenance schedule on the fuel filter for your ES.  I know my dealer automatically replaces them every 60k miles.

according to the service manual, the only one I have is in the fuel tank, so no I am not touching that one.

steviej

Can't blame you, I wouldn't want to touch that one either.