Replacing A Fog Light Bulb On A 1997 Sc400

Somebody knows the answer to this simple question. I'll ask it again. Thanks for your help.

I have been struggling with replacing the front fog light bulb on my dad's 1997 Lexus SC400. He recently passed away and I am preparing to sell it. Do I need to lift the vehicle and remove the panels in front of the tires, or can I dismantle it through the grill? Thanks again.

NagsHeadSC400, The way I had to change my foglight bulbs for my Sc400 '95

1. Jack & take the front wheel off (optional but it will make the job easier to complete)

2. Take the splashguard down and locate the casing. The foglight will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. Turn it counter clock-wise to open the casing.

3. This will give you access to the bulb and socket. In the casing is a white plastic, the bulbs wire fits snug into the socket. I had to wiggle and tug, until I jarred it loose.

*NOTE* disconnect the wire from the socket before you open the clasp. This keeps the bulb in place and out of your way.

4. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten.

Hope this helps?

• 4 years later...
You need to remove the plastic inner fender liner to gain access to the back of the fog lights.

I spent most of the day trying to get the plastic inner fender back on. No luck. I did get the bulb replaced (mine had two wires to connect the 55W bulb), but I am going to have to take it somewhere to get the inner liner back on unless someone else has a better idea!

• 2 weeks later...
You need to remove the plastic inner fender liner to gain access to the back of the fog lights.

I spent most of the day trying to get the plastic inner fender back on. No luck. I did get the bulb replaced (mine had two wires to connect the 55W bulb), but I am going to have to take it somewhere to get the inner liner back on unless someone else has a better idea!

You have gone through WWAAAYY too much trouble already. I have a 98 SC and can change mine in under 15 minutes but for the first time it took me a bit longer since I was having to figure it out myself. You CAN do it through the grill by having to use either an 8mm or 10mm DEEP SOCKET (preferably 1/4 drive). There are only three nuts that need to be removed and then you can push the fog light out to access the back of the housing. I am not going to lie, it is a bit ackward to get to one of the nuts but once you do it, the next time will be so much easier. I did my last bulb change in the parking lot of Autozone. I actually have to replace mine today so I will take some pics and post them for you.