Fuel Injector Noise Rx300, Lexus Has Update...

wing0

Just went to Lexus to have a few things checked and repaired.

I had them check the ticking noise(which i already suspected is the fuel injector). They also told me so, but after telling them that it just started this after owning the car for 2 yrs. (2001 w/ 20000 km). They investigated into the issue. The fix is not ready yet, but they said they have to order the parts. Give me some input if this is some kind of TSB or REALLY a fix or improvement.

"There is an update to reduce noise level. Needs to replace fuel pipe, damper and gasket"

Which damper are they referring to?

Cheers.

:cheers:

Please keep us posted ....I would be very interested in hearing about this issue.

Wonder if the "pipe" is the fuel injector rail ? There is a clear filter looking device on the end of the rear injector rail....... wonder if that is the "damper" ??

The rail system difinitely magnafies the ticking noise.

I hate that ticking noise B)

Please keep us posted ....I would be very interested in hearing about this issue.

Wonder if the "pipe" is the fuel injector rail ?  There is a clear filter looking device on the end of the rear injector rail....... wonder if that is the "damper" ??

The rail system difinitely magnafies the ticking noise.

I hate that ticking noise  B)

They just gave me a call about the parts. Said head office have them so it should be here within a few days. I sure hope this fix or at least minimize the noise tho. Why can't they just replace the fuel injectors, or this is happening to all the 3.0 V6? When i drove the ES330 loaner, it was silky smooth, not a single sound in cabin and the transmission...i wish we have 5 spd...better shifts/gas milage and not as much worry about it as opposed to our 4spd. :(

I have this nasty rattle after going to the dealership. I cleared up everything in the car and went on a test drive to find the noise. At first i thought it was the glovebox that was rattling. Instead, it's the 2 piece plastic that goes from the shifter down to the front passenger footwell. Looks like there's a missing screw, so now the whole plastic is flapping(no wonder i hear rattle when i make a left). I would assume that the screw can't just fall out like that, so why would they need to take that plastic out and forgot to put the screw back? Now they got a third thing to do for me now.

I have this nasty rattle after going to the dealership. I cleared up everything in the car and went on a test drive to find the noise. At first i thought it was the glovebox that was rattling. Instead, it's the 2 piece plastic that goes from the shifter down to the front passenger footwell. Looks like there's a missing screw, so now the whole plastic is flapping(no wonder i hear rattle when i make a left). I would assume that the screw can't just fall out like that, so why would they need to take that plastic out and forgot to put the screw back? Now they got a third thing to do for me now.

Dont you just love a quality job. I get the same thing but worse at my dealership in Roseville Ca. Good luck

Hey Wing0,

how did it go with the injector noise ....were they able to put the new parts you spoke of early on and did it make a difference ???

DiD they say it was considered a TSB ??

Still waiting for phone call...and then i gotta set up an appointment cuz i'm not free everyday to bring the car in. Might take a week or 2...

Sorry...I was referring to the service when they checked on the noise, that's when the screw went missing.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody...

My dad just took the car for the repair(finally they have the parts) and I especially asked the advisor to print me the TSB.

This fix applies to 2001-2003 RX300 and was released on March 11, 2005(quite new...almost the same time as the RX330 fix).

TSB2095: Engine Mechanical

Title: Fuel Injector Ticking Noise

Introduction:

Some cusomters with 2001-2003 model year RX300 vehicles may complain of a "ticking" noise from the engine compartment when the engine is idling. Updated fuel main tube and fuel tube clamp are now available. In addition to updated parts, a second fuel pressure pulsation damper assmebly has been added to imporve this condition.

Hope this helps those that are having the "ticking" noise problem. I will be driving the car soon to verify that it did fix the problem.