Ignition Issue

I have a 99 gs300 with 108k on it. I have never had a problem with it whatsoever until this minor issue recently. About every 3rd time I try to start the car, I turn the ignition and nothing happens. The dash panel lights are illuminated but the starter does not engage. At that point I return the key back to the original position and turn again. Sometimes it starts on the second attempt but often it takes up to four tries. The battery is fine and I assume it is some kind of electrical issue. Any thoughts? I thank you all in advance for your help.

Great!  Do you know of somplace i can get one to fix it?  I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web.  Is there an on line tutorial on how to change it?

Genuine Lexus starter starter

Aotozone starter starter

You may also just be able to buy the solenoid or a repair kit, alot cheaper, however depending on your knowledge and skills, you may just want to buy a new or rebuilt starter. Guy may be able to post the FSM procedure. I posted on how to change it for the first gen GS, it should be pretty close. Search for that info. <_<