Which Tire To Get?

cenwesi

Ok i have searched and still looking. Just too much info to decide which one to get. I have gone to several tire places locally and came acros these:

1) Yoko AS430

2) BF GoodRich Traction T/A

3) Sumitomo SRIXON4

All these tires are p255/55/17. So can someone pitch in and give me feed back. BTW, there are all seasons and is going on an '02 LS430.

Thanks.

Ok i have searched and still looking. Just too much info to decide which one to get. I have gone to several tire places locally and came acros these:

1) Yoko AS430

3) Sumitomo SRIXON4

All these tires are p255/55/17. So can someone pitch in and give me feed back. BTW, there are all seasons and is going on an '02 LS430.

Thanks.

There is a lot of information on tires throughout the site, especially the wheels and tires section. You'll get a lot of good information. I chose the Yokohama Avid V4s and they are great!! I've put about 3,000 miles on them so far. I did my research and it was between them and the Toyo Proxes. I chose them because that had a higher traction rating and I got them at a cheaper price. Good luck.

1) Yoko AS430

3) Sumitomo SRIXON4

Thanks.

There is a lot of information on tires throughout the site, especially the wheels and tires section. You'll get a lot of good information. I chose the Yokohama Avid V4s and they are great!! I've put about 3,000 miles on them so far. I did my research and it was between them and the Toyo Proxes. I chose them because that had a higher traction rating and I got them at a cheaper price. Good luck.

Thanks so where did you get yours from and if you don't mind me asking how much each?

There is a lot of information on tires throughout the site, especially the wheels and tires section.  You'll get a lot of good information.  I chose the Yokohama Avid V4s and they are great!!  I've put about 3,000 miles on them so far.  I did my research and it was between them and the Toyo Proxes.  I chose them because that had a higher traction rating and I got them at a cheaper price.  Good luck.

I also got the Yoko Avid V4s......very good tire.....quiet, good grip...

From Tirerack for $339 including shipping...very pleased!! :D

Let me give you an overview of what that size means. First of all, do you have the 16 or the 17 inch wheels? If you have the 17" wheels the stock size is:

225/55/17

If you have the 16s the size is:

225/60/16

Now I'll break down what that size means

225(width of the tread in mm)/60(height of the tire from inner bead to top of tread in mm)/16(size of the opening for the wheel).

You may see R's (meaning radial, sometimes its there sometimes not) and another letter, H, V, Z etc. That is the speed rating. Don't buy anything lower than an H speed rating which is rated for 131 MPH.

Now, you can play around with the width of the tire a little, but not the height or the wheel size.

Thank you for that info... I believe this is stock rims that came with the '02 ls430 so i am guessing it is 17". How come TireRack don't carry the Yokohama Avid V4s 225/55/17.

Does anyone know where else i can find these tires.

Also what about the Yokohama Avid H4S 225/55HR17. Will this be as good as the v4s?

My 2002 LS430 came with 16" rims. We insisted on Michelin Pilot Sport A/W tires to which the Lexus dealer agreed, "you buy 'em and we'll pay for them", and I got to keep the original Yokohomas (Tire Rack price of around 150 each was matched by a local tire dealer including installation, stems, balancing) The A/W's have a little more road noise than the Yokohammas, but have a wear rating of 400 compared with the 100 for the Yokohammas. Currently with 35k on the tires, there's lots of tread left. We have run Michelins trouble free for years on all our cars since having quality problems with other "premium" brands.

The '98 that I purchased recently came with new Toyo Spectrums. I've seen them mentioned but not as much as the Proxes. I'm assuming they are a "cheaper" Toyo tire, but I like the ride and feel of them so far at least on dry pavement. Very quiet, nice handling. The Seller paid $400 for all mounted and balanced. Whatever life I get from them will be just fine.

Update!!!!

Well yesterday i ended up going with the Falken zeix-512 225/55/Z17 ZR. This is the tire that should have come with this car. I mean NO MORE TIRE noise, no more when i run into a put hole, the noise the tire/car makes. I mean i can go on about some stuff i have notice just from yesterday and this morning regarding these tires on the car. To make a long story short, if ANY one is hunting for tires, look no further. Get the Falken Zeix-512 225/55/Z17 ZR, you wont regrete it. And thanks to thoes that helped in my other threads.

two days ago I recieved my order from tirerack, a set of Kazera KZ-A, 18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 in the rear. The tires I got are BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW2, 235/40YR18 front and 255/35YR18 in the rear. I had read some earlier forums on the 18 inch and how bad they ride, and the only thing I could tell was that I could feel every crack on the road being transmitted tru the wheel, as far as bumps, railroad tracks etc, do difference, and the car will really corner now. My old set of Comp T/A's got a little over 65000 miles on them which is unreal considering they are ZW rated tires. If I can ever figure out how to post a picture, I'll post pictures of the car.

"Now I'll break down what that size means

225(width of the tread in mm)/60(height of the tire from inner bead to top of tread in mm)/16(size of the opening for the wheel)."

I don't think that's quite right. The 225 is the width in mm, but the 60 is the aspect ratio, meaning that the tire height is 60% of its width. In this case, that would be 135mm.

I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my GS400, and they are the best damn tire I have ever driven on. They are PRICEY for sure, but I will gladly pay again when these wear out to have the kind of performance they give.

i found reviews on tirerack very very helpful, there a lot of reviews from Ls owners discussing perfomance in different weather. i dont buy from tirerack but i read revieews from them.