Lexus, Motorola And The V710

leot

I just got off the phone with a man from North Carolina who works directly with the CEO of Verizon Wireless, (910 794-6200) He assured me they are working with motorola to upgrade the software so the V710 will work "properly" with not only Lexus, but with BMW and Chrysler. He could not give me a date certain, but hopes for "the next few weeks". He said this is a serious problem and they are taking it seriously.

leot

I just got off the phone with a man from North Carolina who works directly with the CEO of Verizon Wireless, (910 794-6200) He assured me they are working with motorola to upgrade the software so the V710 will work "properly"  with not only Lexus, but with BMW and Chrysler.  He could not give me a date certain, but hopes for "the next few weeks".  He said this is a serious problem and they are taking it seriously.

leot

I just got off the phone with a man from North Carolina who works directly with the CEO of Verizon Wireless, (910 794-6200) He assured me they are working with motorola to upgrade the software so the V710 will work "properly"  with not only Lexus, but with BMW and Chrysler.  He could not give me a date certain, but hopes for "the next few weeks".  He said this is a serious problem and they are taking it seriously.

leot

What problems are you having with the motorola? I was thinking about getting that phone

leot

What problems are you having with the motorola? I was thinking about getting that phone

phone won't ring; audio mutes and NAV screen shows a call, but if you aren't listenening to any audio, and not watching the screen, you'll never know you had an incoming call. Also, you can load only one phone book entry at a time, and you can't make a call out while moving, except for those numbers you have loaded into the bluetooth. You can't download anything to your computor (pics etc) but that is a Verizon deliberate disenabling of the software in the V710

All Motorola phones will only load one contact at a time with bluetooth. Lexus software disables the keypad for dialing numbers once you start moving - just like disabling some of the NAV features. You should be able to dial out from the phone, however, while using the handsfree system. I have been using a Mpx220 with the same issues. I feel we should have the ability to use all features of the NAV, phone, and DVD while moving. Granted Lexus wants to limit thier exposure to potential lawsuits, but there has to be a better way.

leot

I have a 2004 LS and today went to verizon and had them install the brand new firmware (8700_01.40.OR) on my v710. I am terribly annoyed to report that I am still unable to upload my phonebook into the car. After waiting so long for this "fix" I am furious to see the result.

All Motorola phones will only load one contact at a time with bluetooth.  Lexus software disables the keypad for dialing numbers once you start moving - just like disabling some of the NAV features.  You should be able to dial out from the phone, however, while using the handsfree system.  I have been using a Mpx220 with the same issues.  I feel we should have the ability to use all features of the NAV, phone, and DVD while moving.  Granted Lexus wants to limit thier exposure to potential lawsuits, but there has to be a better way.

You can also dial the 1-touch numbers on the NAV screen while the vehicle is moving.

Verizon will never fix this. If you want to know why check out my posts in the cell phone thread in the General Discussion forum and the LS forum.

Basically Verizon disabled the file transfer Bluetooth protocol to make people use their pay per use service like PixPlace to transfer files. In the crossfire they disabled the ringer, signal stregnth and the ability to transfer phonebook entries. Search the Internet for "V710 AND Bluetooth" they even had a pot going to see if someone could reprogram the phone to allow file transfer, no go.

Only way to fix this is to buy a phone from Cingular or T Mobile. Both Verizon and Sprint have decided for you that Bluetooth should not be used to transfer files.

• 4 weeks later...
Verizon will never fix this. If you want to know why check out my posts in the cell phone thread in the General Discussion forum and the LS forum.

Basically Verizon disabled the file transfer Bluetooth protocol to make people use their pay per use service like PixPlace to transfer files. In the crossfire they disabled the ringer, signal stregnth and the ability to transfer phonebook entries. Search the Internet for "V710 AND Bluetooth" they even had a pot going to see if someone could reprogram the phone to allow file transfer, no go.

Only way to fix this is to buy a phone from Cingular or T Mobile. Both Verizon and Sprint have decided for you that Bluetooth should not be used to transfer files.

I purchased a used Siemens S56 phone eBay just to upload numbers into the Lexus phonebook and it does actually work. I was able to upload the entire Siemens phonebook at one time and after it was loaded I am able to use that phonebook to dial through to my v710. That's the good news - actually great news. The bad news is I couldn't get the phonebook in my v710 to upload my current phonebook directly into the Siemens phone using Bluetooth (no surprise) so I had to manually re-enter everything into the Siemens before uploading it into my car. A pain in the !Removed! but a relatively small price to pay to finally get rid of this inexcusable shortcoming onf the v710 and Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

I had just purchased my new GX about two weeks ago. Really wanted to use the bluetooth.

I was not too worried about everything I had read about the phone, thinking that I would be able to input numbers manually. Wrong, I did not realize that they had to be transferred and that you could just not enter them.

I had bought the phone before realizing this.

But, when I bought the phone, they did do a firmware upgrade. When I get a call, my phone rings; on my phone I set it to auto-answer after 5 sec and the GX system takes over. Works perfectly.

Only problem was - I could not use one-touch or phone book to enter numbers.

BUT - good news - I have a Palm Tungstun T3 with bluetooth. For the names i wanted in my Lexus phone book, I made a separate contact list called LEXUS. I then input just the names and phone numbers of people business' I wanted.

The Lexus and my Palm connected flawlessly. All I did then was put my palms contact list category to LEXUS, menu, send, send by bluetooth. Voila, I now have my entire phone list in the Lexus.

• 1 year later...

I had just purchased my new GX about two weeks ago. Really wanted to use the bluetooth.

I was not too worried about everything I had read about the phone, thinking that I would be able to input numbers manually. Wrong, I did not realize that they had to be transferred and that you could just not enter them.

I had bought the phone before realizing this.

But, when I bought the phone, they did do a firmware upgrade. When I get a call, my phone rings; on my phone I set it to auto-answer after 5 sec and the GX system takes over. Works perfectly.

Only problem was - I could not use one-touch or phone book to enter numbers.

BUT - good news - I have a Palm Tungstun T3 with bluetooth. For the names i wanted in my Lexus phone book, I made a separate contact list called LEXUS. I then input just the names and phone numbers of people business' I wanted.

The Lexus and my Palm connected flawlessly. All I did then was put my palms contact list category to LEXUS, menu, send, send by bluetooth. Voila, I now have my entire phone list in the Lexus.

Sorry to bring this post back but how did you get your Nav/bluetooth system to recgonize your T3 Palm?

Or did you just transfer without being in the Lexus system?

Thanks