What To Buy?

just got a 1996 gs 300 for my son. it has a standard lexus cd radio with the trunk mounted cd changer (12 disc). push the eject button and you can here some clicking, but the cd mag never comes out. local stereo shop says it's probably not repairable.

my ? is what should i get.

i would relly like to limit my spending to less than $200.

should i ...

1) look on ebay and buy a used 12 disc model just like this one to replace it . will any 93-97 gs models work? is there a web dealer i could contact? will i have to same problem down the road?

2) find a 96 es 6 disc unit which posts on here say it seems to be better? same ?'s on where to find one as 1.

3) look into the RF Changers such as a Pioneer CDX-FM687 6-Disc or Sony CDX-454RF 10-Disc? any other RF's to suggest? how well do these work and just what do i have to do to hook these up?

4)check into a satelite radio system and forgo the cd?

5)leave well enough alone and not do anything?

just got a 1996 gs 300 for my son. it has a standard lexus cd radio with the trunk mounted cd changer (12 disc). push the eject button and you can here some clicking, but the cd mag never comes out. local stereo shop says it's probably not repairable.

my ? is what should i get.

i would relly like to limit my spending to less than $200.

should i ...

1) look on ebay and buy a used 12 disc model just like this one to replace it . will any 93-97 gs models work? is there a web dealer i could contact? will i have to same problem down the road?

2) find a 96 es 6 disc unit which posts on here say it seems to be better? same ?'s on where to find one as 1.

3) look into the RF Changers such as a Pioneer CDX-FM687 6-Disc or Sony CDX-454RF 10-Disc? any other RF's to suggest? how well do these work and just what do i have to do to hook these up?

4)check into a satelite radio system and forgo the cd?

5)leave well enough alone and not do anything?

Mike , email me and I have a 12 disc and a 6 disc replacement dabaysidejill01@att.net