Odometer(analog) Stopped Working Today....

92ls forhundo

My odometer stopped working at ~135,000 miles. Few months ago it started to make clicking sound as I drive, but this sound now magically dissappeared. Just use your trip meter and a spreadsheet program to keep track of your miles.

If the speedometer and trip meter work, the odometer will work unless there is a problem with the odometer itself. I had that happen on a Buick Electra I once owned, the odometer stopped but the speedometer worked. I never fooled with it but I suspect the mechanical gears got dirty and lost lubrication and just stopped. The clicking noise probably means a gear went bad in the actual odometer unit. I have taken them apart before and they have a lot of little gears in them.

thanks for all help. im kinda bummed because of resale or whatever legitimacy and also the bragging rights of being able to oh 350,000 or whatever. By the way punching and such did not work(wouldve been cool if it did,guess i dont have the fonzie touch) and yes all other instrumentation works....thanks. .......