2006 Lexus Gs Pictures

We managed to get our hands on the Lexus Press Kit from the Detroit Auto Show :cheers:

Some really nice pics of the 2005 GS300 and 2005 GS430 - they can be seen in our Lexus GS Gallery

There were also pictures of new 2006 GS300 and 2006 GS430, which can be seen in the same gallery.

Some choice pics of the new GS.

Interior Shots

gallery_603_10_72940.jpg

gallery_603_10_1181618.jpg

gallery_603_10_88435.jpg

gallery_603_10_1408353.jpg

Back End - nice LED lights?

gallery_603_10_384084.jpg

close up of the lights

gallery_603_10_348813.jpg

gallery_603_10_252063.jpg

gallery_603_10_597112.jpg

gallery_603_10_1152097.jpg

car is really growing on me now.

Still need to see one in the flesh - but these are nice quality pics, and I think this is gonna work out well B)

The interior especially looks lovely

I saw one at Lexus of Rockville last week Matt.

Very nice in person, like all Lexus vehicles it looks much better in person than in photographs. Has some great features like the new Mark Levinson 7.1 Surround DVD Audio system which is awesome. Beautiful car, I'd buy one but its no bigger inside than my ES so I'll have to wait and see the new LS.

My dealership is having an "event" this evening to introduce the new GS. I just arrived home from there. I was picking up my car and look around the showroom before I left. They had a V6 AWD and a V8 car. It definitely looks much better in person than in pictures. I liked it. I was very impressed with the interior. I thought it was nicely done.

Tom

We managed to get our hands on the Lexus Press Kit from the Detroit Auto Show  :cheers:

Some really nice pics of the 2005 GS300 and 2005 GS430 - they can be seen in our Lexus GS Gallery

There were also pictures of new 2006 GS300 and 2006 GS430, which can be seen in the same gallery.

Some choice pics of the new GS.

Interior Shots

gallery_603_10_72940.jpg

gallery_603_10_1181618.jpg

gallery_603_10_88435.jpg

gallery_603_10_1408353.jpg

Back End - nice LED lights?

gallery_603_10_384084.jpg

close up of the lights

gallery_603_10_348813.jpg

gallery_603_10_252063.jpg

gallery_603_10_597112.jpg

gallery_603_10_1152097.jpg

car is really growing on me now.

Still need to see one in the flesh - but these are nice quality pics, and I think this is gonna work out well  B)

The interior especially looks lovely

Well i sat in the GS430 today it was very nice and very familiar.

My wife thought the smell of the leather was too strong but i am used to it.

I really like the dash cluster as it has a brushed metal backing now which just looks like a reflection in the pics above.

I finally commend lexus for making a damn trunk button on the trunk lid to open the damn thing without the key or pressing a button in the car.

The engine bay looks so clean as it is completly covered with engine covers for everything.

But why the hell are the colours so damn boring.

I wish they would bring back the spectra mica blue for the GS from the 98-99 years then only on the IS after.

The stupid thing is they have it for toyotas but not the Lexus lineup.

I definatly want one.

I'm an SC400 driver but thought I'd have a look at the new GS. I think the styling is derivative. It has rounded lines suggestive of the Audi and even the Nissan altima. It appears similar to many of today's wind tunnel designed modern cars. I don't know if Lexus will ever out source the exterior designs of their new cars as they did with the ground breaking SC400 but it might add some needed flair as I'm not taken with the exterior designs of any of their recent offerings. Many dealerships feel the same way as Lexus leads in engineering but lags in exterior design appeal for drivers in the 30-45 y/o range. Perhaps they should consider an Italian design firm as many of the best looking cars still come from that country. A maserati quattroporte is a beautiful design inside and outside and won't be confused with all the mercedes,lexus, and infinity offerings even if it doesn't ride as well or have the the reliability history of the a Lexus. It is not only Lexus but BMW as well that needs the equivalent of a good plastic surgeon as their designs are to my eye unattractive despite their excellent engineering.

absolutely love it, well almost and i really need to see it in person. so my three cents on what i'm not that excited about (which is pretty silly when looking at the whole package of a gorgeous car)...

1. headlights. they don't look that great in the pictures and may be much better in real life. it seems as though the border around them shouldn't be there and that they should go all the way to the natural lines of the hood and bumper. with the lights a lil' bigger in this fashion, i think the car would look more aggressive. see my image below that i made in 5 minutes with photoshop. i no car designer, but it seems to make sense to me.

2. i miss the white speedo :( i get the feeling that this is gonna be another one of those things i need to see in person.

3. this really has nothing to do with the overall design of the car, but why is there a cassette player?! i'd rather see some kind of interface for an ipod.

post-1677-1108960589_thumb.jpg

I just got back from the Toronto Auto show and had the opportunity to sit in the new GS300 and GS430. It is everything I expected and more. I can't say that you'll be seeing me in one in the near future, but it reminded me how much I miss my old Lexus. I'm going to scavenge for a 93 - 97 GS again.

Cheers,

Dave