Rx300 Transmission Oil Change

ajvenuto

Has anyone had any experience with Lexus paying or not paying for an automatic transmission oil change if the oil is brown in color but not burnt smelling ?

I have 33,000 miles on my newly acquired 2000 RX300 and I'm going to have the oil changed regardless, but I'll do it at the Toyota dealer if it is not covered under warranty because I'm assuming that it will cost a little less at the Toyota dealer. If it's covered under warranty, of course I'll do it at the Lexus dealer instead. FYI...I still have about a year left on the drivetrain warranty.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to shed a little light on this issue.

Fluid changes are considered a maintenance item and would typically not be covered under a standard warranty. You can ask your Lexus dealership about changing your transmission fluid at no cost to you due to its color - perhaps they would prefer changing your fluid to replacing your transmission down the road. I doubt if they'll change your fluid for free at this point, though. But it doesn't hurt to ask.