Chrome Rims 90-94 Ls 400

Shelly'sLS400

In search of some used chrome rims, that are in good shape, for my LS 400. I have not searched very hard yet, but I thought I might start here. One of my factory wheels has a slight bend, so I think its time to wheel shop. Would like to stay factory, but I am up for suggestions.

just change up your search words......if you are going to buy new wheels, and are sticking with OE (which i reccomend) i would personally go with at least the 16's.........like mine, off of a 98-00 LS

<----

the 15's are hideous IMO, and you will get a ton better handling witht the bigger tire as well (225 60 16) instead of the tiny (205 55 15) that are with the 15's

you will just have to be a little patient, to find the chromes, they are out there, but you don't see them as oftern as the aluminum OE LS wheels. and they usually bring top dollar (especially the 98-00 5 star LS wheels like mine, but in chrome) expect to pay a good amount for them.

i'll search, and post what i find.

chrome LS 17's with tires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=66483

those are the only good ones i see right now

Wow, that's a good deal with tires included.

Hey silver, what about these? No tires, but is $100 ea. a good price?

I'm considering getting new wheels down the road but am only starting to research the best options. I first have to replace or repair my dinged fenders (not MY doing :pirate: ).

I was thinking about getting 16s, but then I thought if I'm going to do it I might as well go with 17s. :D Any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of 16 vs 17?

Wow, that's a good deal with tires included.

I'm considering getting new wheels down the road but am only starting to research the best options. I first have to replace or repair my dinged fenders (not MY doing  :pirate:  ).

I was thinking about getting 16s, but then I thought if I'm going to do it I might as well go with 17s.  :D  Any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of 16 vs 17?

Shaggz, these are exchange wheels !!! $400 Plus $400 deposit and send them exchange wheels of same year model wheels. By the way, I can fix those dinged fenders that you have. I am a Paintless Dent Repair artist. I work for a BMW, Volvo dealer in SC. Are the dents door dings or collision damage?

I'm considering getting new wheels down the road but am only starting to research the best options. I first have to replace or repair my dinged fenders (not MY doing  ).

I was thinking about getting 16s, but then I thought if I'm going to do it I might as well go with 17s.  Any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of 16 vs 17?

yeah you have to be carefull alot of those chrome rims listed are just actually chrome exchange with a rediculous deposit.....

atleast get the 16's, it is unreal how much the bigger tire, makes the car handle. 17's wouldn't be much different from the ride of the 16's.

i do like those wheels though and i've seen them go for cheap as well. just be patient, a good deal will come along.

wait wait... the different generations of lexus uses the same bolt pattern and fit within each other exchangably?

ALL LS wheels are interchangeable, between generations. for example i have 98-00 wheels on my 92

if you really want to go all out, get the new '04 430 18" chrome 5 stars. they are the best looking LS wheel made IMO, sweet looking,

in the near future thats what i'm going to get, whenever i find a reasonable deal.

here are the wheels i'm talking about :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43958

good luck all :D

...  By the way, I can fix those dinged fenders that you have. I am a Paintless Dent Repair artist. I work for a BMW, Volvo dealer in SC. Are the dents door dings or collision damage?

I'm sure they can be fixed, rather than replaced, I'm just not sure which would produce the best results for the money. My situation is actually rather funny (read on), but both front fenders are in need of repair...

Driver side fender - primarily needs painting, but possibly a few subtle dents in the surface may need repairing along the way. Several years ago, the previous owner's wife snuggled up too close to a wall in a parking garage and crumpled it a bit. <_< He did a pretty good job of straightening it himself, but whatever paint he used has faded something miserable and looks terrible now.

Passenger side fender - about a year ago, my wife did the same thing the prior owner's did, but on the opposite side!! :chairshot: So now the passenger side fender is a little dinged, but it looks like it could just be straightened out by someone that knows what they're doing. This fender will need painting as well because it is a little scratched up from the cement it tasted.

I've found unpainted replacement fenders for as little as $160 ea. I just don't know much about body work so I'm not sure what sort of prices to expect for this or what it might cost to get them painted correctly.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or help anyone might offer for my situation...

:cheers:

18" fit fine. I had these OZ's on the LS for a day. Didn't touch when turning. Main thing to look for wheels including OEM is the offset. They usually have the same bolt pattern, but the offset will determine if the calipers touch the rim. I know the IS series wheels won't fit the LS.

:cheers:

post-13368-1108834535_thumb.jpg

ALL LS wheels are interchangeable, between generations. for example i have 98-00 wheels on my 92

Silvermate - I would be careful about stating that ALL LS wheels are interchangeable. In fact, they are not. Although your experience in upgrading your 1992 Lexus to 98-00 wheels has worked, it does not work the other way.

I have a 1997 Lexus LS400 that came with the boring (IMHO) 10 spoke wheels and I wanted to upgrade. I found some 1994 LS400 Anniversary Wheels (7 spoke) that looked sharp and I bought them off e-Bay. When they arrived and I took them to my tire shop they did not clear the brake calipers, which are much bigger on the second generation LS400. So, I have this set of 4 wheels sitting in my garage gathering dust. I have since found chrome 98-00 LS400 5 spoke wheels (again on e-Bay) that I run in the summer and use the original set of wheels for my snows.

Bossman

Silvermate - I would be careful about stating that ALL LS wheels are interchangeable. In fact, they are not. Although your experience in upgrading your 1992 Lexus to 98-00 wheels has worked, it does not work the other way.

ok i'll be very carefull :pirate:

never thought about downgrading the wheels and if the older gen wheels would fit on a newer Ls......i do know however that upgrading a older LS to newer LS wheels, all newer LS wheels will fit all older gens, bank on it.........

anyway, i have to be careful, however :lol:

whoever was wanting the chrome gen 2 16's here is a nice set i found on ebay, for what looks to be a great price, although there is a relative amount of time left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

In search of some used chrome rims, that are in good shape, for my LS 400. I have not searched very hard yet, but I thought I might start here. One of my factory wheels has a slight bend, so I think its time to wheel shop. Would like to stay factory, but I am up for suggestions.

I'm most likely buying 20" rims/tires by the end of the week. If I do, I'll sell you my 18" chrome rims with tires for $800 + shipping. I paid $1,600 new a little over a year ago. I get a ton of compliments on these wheels. The Kumho tires have a 50K warranty! Unheard of in performance tires. The picture speaks for itself, click>post-1177-1109137174_thumb.jpg

email me at wmcdirect@hotmail.com if you're interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Well, I did it. I bought the 20" Alba chromes with tires. I'm meeting the seller this Saturday to pick them up get em on the Lex. He only lives about 30 miles west of me. I'll take pics and upload them here after they go on. bling-bling...

They came off a '91 LS400.

707BERTHAlg.jpg