Supercharger....not?

pemarsh

Finally getting fed up with anemic power of lx 470. Called four Lexus dealers...all of them say they can not get a supercharger, simply because they are not being made right now.

I was under the impression that some people are saying that they are out there...

Can someone clear this up for me??

True, they are not being made. TRD discontinued them a for several months now -- I don't think it's quite been a year.

Nothing wrong with the ones they made, but I think there were running into problems with regulations of some sort.

That said, when TRD stopped making them, they did not pull the ones already distrubuted to dealerships and to aftermarket dealers. There are TRD superchargers still out there in the market.

if you're interested, you could search for 100 series Land Cruiser superchargers and/or LX 470 superchargers. I think the price is somewhere between $2800 and $3500, depending on who you find it from and installation will be around $1000, depending on where you have it done. If your 470 is still under warranty (engine), you'll probably want to have the work done by either a Toyota or Lexus dealership because if installed by them, your engine warranty remains valid.

Where are you located?

Let me know if you're having problems locating one.

After searching, I see that my prices were a bit off...

A few I came across:

http://www.tlc4x4.com/2000/Parts/tlc_kazuma_supercharger.htm

00602-17620-403 1998-2002 UZJ100 $4600.00

http://www.toyotaworld.com/trdsupercharger.html

00602-17620-603 2003 Land Cruiser V8 Supercharger Application 3950.00

http://www.toyota-parts.com/Default.aspx?url=Features.aspx

00602-17620-403 Supercharger Kit - 4.7L V8 $4,562.50

Of the 3 listed, I know of tlc4x4's reputation -- they're very good to work with. I don't know of the other 2.

Before going with any of these, if it were my 470, I'd check with American Toyota first to see if they have one. I order all my parts from them.

I have a couple friends who have purchased their 4.7L superchargers from eBay. They had no problems to date -- sometimes deals can be found.

Finally getting fed up with anemic power of lx 470.  Called four Lexus dealers...all of them say they can not get a supercharger, simply because they are not being made right now.

I was under the impression that some people are saying that they are out there...

Can someone clear this up for me??

pemarsh I am surprised to hear that you think the LX470 has "anemic power" :-? Previously I had a 5.9 liter Durango with a 3.92 rear end, computer chip, flowmaster exaust, K&N filtercharger ... and have always been impressed with how the smaller engine in the LX470 stacked up to the previously owned Durango. I have also owned (and still have) a 928 Porsche that I have had since the mid 80's so I am not a stranger to serious acceleration. I am sure that there are other stock SUV's that are faster than the LX470 but I have owned mine for almost three years and have really been thrilled with it since I bought it?

DougJohn how much difference in power will the SuperCharger make???

Will the Stock Drive train in the LX 470 suffer any ill affects from increasing the torque with the addition of the supercharger?

pemarsh dont get me wrong I have entertained the thought of the same path you are undertaking ... more is usually better when it comes to power :pirate::cheers: