How Many Fuel Filters In 01 Gs300?

I am trying to reduce gas usage on my 01 GS300 and one of the things on my list is replacing of fuel filters. Dealer says to replace this thing they will charge me $600!!!!. I think it is way too much. When I called regular shop they said it will be $30 with filter included. So I have a question: How many fuel filters in 01 GS300. Is there one located in a tank and another outside?

I bought this car with 39000 mi on it. It has high gas usage: in a city it is 10 g/m. I replaced original plugs with NGK IK16, installed K&N air filter, flashed transmission. Nothing helps. Dealer does not see any problem. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

:cheers:

10mpg is definitely low unless you are stomping on it at every light. ;)

Like ColinBarber said, there is one and it is in the tank. It is designed to not be replaced but I know people who do periodically just to be thorough. $30 replacement is a damn good price. Are you sure they know what they are getting themselves into? Although not overly difficult, it is just a pain to deal with the filter since it is in the tank.