Transmission Preventative Maintenance

njmurvin

Then lastly, who does 15K drains here? I never did those even when i used a non synthetic ATF fluid. Always did/do 25 to 45K drains. I will be testing my ATF fluid on this next run. Just to see how it [tranny] is doing...

I do, cause it cost me less than $20 and 20 minutes in my driveway.

I do it cause I like to.

steviej

Ok :D , All my point was that you more then lightly are not saving or preventing anything unless you know all about the fluid.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah just a brief overview....http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t14716.html

this is what ive seen i assum its pretty similar but any additional info cant hurt....btw what fluid did you use ?synthetic like amsol redline or somethin else

I just completed a drain and strainer clean on a '93 windom if you're interested i can post the procedure

Yeah that link pretty much nailed it. What i realised though is that right after (about 1 wk) the tranny failed again...the filter was pretty much totally clogged again. I cleaned it again yeaterday and i'm just waiting and watching.

I agree w/ everyone who says that the flush and refill causes previously stationary particles tto flow again and clog the filter. My advice then would be to flush then after about 3 days of regular driving drain, change the filter and refill.

I use regular tranny fluid.

Just did a regular 'drain & fill' with Amsoil synthetic ATF myself.......shifts sem slightly smoother & no problems to report as the Amsoil is compatible with Toyota type IV fluid. ;)

:cheers: