How Do I Replace My Rotors?

I though you already did fronts? It's the same way!

1) Loosen lug nuts

2) Jack up car

3) remove wheer

4) Remove 2 bolts holding caliper on

5) remove rotor. it will be tight

6) use 2x4 with hammer to free or loosen rotor by banging it from the backside( ok you pervs, get over it) if it will not remove easily.

7) clean calipers

8) paint calipers

9) install new pads

A) use anti squeak gel

10) reassemble

11) pay me $50 B)

I though you already did fronts? It's the same way!

1) Loosen lug nuts

2) Jack up car

3) remove wheer

4) Remove 2 bolts holding caliper on

5) remove rotor. it will be tight

6) use 2x4 with hammer to free or loosen rotor by banging it from the backside( ok you pervs, get over it)  if it will not remove easily.

7) clean calipers

8) paint calipers

9) install new pads

A) use anti squeak gel

10) reassemble

11) pay me $50 B)

Turbo,

No, I haven't changed my rotors yet. So, do I spray paint the calipers or with a brush? I do use a High Temp paint, correct? I just bought new pads a month ago, I can't use those with new rotors? I have heard people say slotted are better and I have heard that drilled/slotted are better. What gives? Where do I put the anti-squeak gel? Oh.....the $50 is "in the mail"... :D THANKS!

Turbo,

No, I haven't changed my rotors yet. So, do I spray paint the calipers or with a brush? I do use a High Temp paint, correct? I just bought new pads a month ago, I can't use those with new rotors? I have heard people say slotted are better and I have heard that drilled/slotted are better. What gives? Where do I put the anti-squeak gel? Oh.....the $50 is "in the mail"... :D THANKS!

Primer first, then spray paint with a high temp paint, they do make caliper paint at most auto stores or maybe even walmart. I think I used engine paint. You can probably use the old pads if they're only a month old. I have drilled/ slotted. I think the slotted wear the pads a little quicker as the slots act like little razor blades, however they do keep the rotors cooler than just drilled. Anti squeak goes on back of pads.where it contacts pistons. <_<

Turbo,

Primer first, then spray paint with a high temp paint, they do make caliper paint at most auto stores or maybe even walmart. I think I used engine paint. You can probably use the old pads if they're only a month old. I have drilled/ slotted. I think the slotted wear the pads a little quicker as the slots act like little razor blades, however they do keep the rotors cooler than just drilled. Anti squeak goes on back of pads.where it contacts pistons. <_<

Thanks!

For the adventurous, I read on a brake pad website the other day that you can put a little chamfer on the edge of the brake pad to cut down on potential squealing noises associated with aftermarket high performance pads.

(leading and trailing edges)