Dummy/fake Antenna For '05 Es330?

bichoo

I know the ES330 doesn't come with one of those round, sharkfin type external antennas on top of the rear windshield like on the BMW's, but i'm looking for one to stick on. I was lookin at my new ES330 and i was thinkin it would look cool to have one. Of course having it the same color is impossible, probably have to be black. There are a lot of fake ones on ebay for really cheap, but is there a kind that anyone here has tried and recommends?

thanks!

Why would you want to do that to such a beautiful car?!? That kind of thing is better suited to a Honda Civic or a Neon...

I dont think you'll find anybody here thats done anything like that...

If you really want an antenna there I'd suggest getting the XM kit for the car and installing the antenna in that location. At least that wouldnt be ricey.

Wow, what a concept. I am so sensitive to noise that, in my first LS, I could hear the wind noise whine from both the radio antenna on the left rear quarter panel and (even worse) the cell phone antenna top center on the rear window. One of my favorite features of my current LS is that there are no external antennas at all - radio and cell phone antennas are both imprinted on the rear window. Even if I was adding Sat. radio I would consider putting its antenna inside the high mounted stop light housing, inside the car, like some installers have been doing on LS430's. (I'm on the VAIS Tech wait list like a lot of you.)

Even if I was adding Sat. radio I would consider putting its antenna inside the high mounted stop light housing, inside the car, like some installers have been doing on LS430's. (I'm on the VAIS Tech wait list like a lot of you.)

I have mine set up this way because I feel like you do, but the reception gets downright poor at times and I'm going to move it up onto the roof. They make sat. radio antennas now that are quarter sized. The problem is as the car moves around relative to the satellites the C pillars and the roof block the signal to the antenna. Not so much a problem in an urban area where there are lots of repeaters but it gets to be a problem as you get more rural and dependent on the satellite signal. For instance when I'm downtown I never have problems but in the morning and evening the signal's angle relative to the earth's surface changes and I get dropouts so bad out here where I live (10mi from the city) that I have to switch to normal radio. That would be less likely with the antenna on the roof because it would have greater exposure to availiable signals.

Sirius is about to come out with an antenna that mounts on the inside of the rear glass that might be interesting. Kind of like the old cellular antennas except it won't need anything on the outside of the glass.

I know the ES330 doesn't come with one of those round, sharkfin type external antennas on top of the rear windshield like on the BMW's, but i'm looking for one to stick on. I was lookin at my new ES330 and i was thinkin it would look cool to have one. Of course having it the same color is impossible, probably have to be black. There are a lot of fake ones on ebay for really cheap, but is there a kind that anyone here has tried and recommends?

thanks!

everything can be found on eBay. Here is a link for a search of "shark fin antenna" on ebay.

I also googled the same and found a story about how these antennas are on the way out.

as for your color....anything can be painted to match.

Now, as an upstanding Lexus owner.....please reconsider this gimickry.

steviej