Big Question

BrysSC400

Hey guys! Okay here's the deal...I have a '94 SC400 that is in pretty good condition, and I want to do some work to it. I just joined the Navy and gave up ownership of a small computer company, so long story short I'm going to have about 30K 5 of which is going into a Buell crotch rocket...the rest I'm going to put into the Lex. I want to make it fast and look good. As of right now here's my list:

-Lower control arm bushings

-Air bag suspension

-Turbo

-Xenon lights low and high

-95 front end (with the air intake)

what else would you do to an SC400 to make it absolutely awesome? Thanks for the help...

-Bryan

TURBO - GREAT IDEA!!! Xenon lights - ANOTHER GREAT IDEA, but only needed for the lows. Why an airbag suspension?? I'd go for coilovers. How about a body kit or 97+ body conversion? If the leather shows some wear then maybe some new leather seat's from leatherseats dot com would look great. Wheels too.

well I like the airbag suspension idea because of truly variable spring rates and ride heigth, etc. Good call on the wheels, but I already have 7 spoke enkei's so I'm probably just going to keep those. Does anyone know sites to check out turbo stuff besides lextreme?

-B

well I like the airbag suspension idea because of truly variable spring rates and ride heigth, etc.  Good call on the wheels, but I already have 7 spoke enkei's so I'm probably just going to keep those.  Does anyone know sites to check out turbo stuff besides lextreme? 

-B

Honestly speaking. Not too many..... We have the most compenhensive and complete info on the V8.

You should check out your planned modifications with someone who knows how your car will respond by mixing engine and suspension changes so you end up with a car with balanced safe performance. You might consider checking out planetsoarer.com for some of their offerings(bushings,headers etc) and suggestions. Personally, I would consider doing a brake upgrade and perhaps headers and a high performance torque converter. I've not seen anything on airbag suspensions for the SC400 although someone must have tried it somewhere... You might do coilovers or just replace the shocks with tokico blues as many people seem to like them. I personally like the clean rounded look of the "94 car better than the later body styles. It all depends on whether you want a more stealthy look or whether you want to announce to everyone including those with radar guns that you have a speedster. I suggest moderation as you can easily spend nearly as much money on turbocharging, bodykits, and suspensions etc as it might cost for buying a 290hp '98-2000 used model.

I know of a guy that has successfully twin turboed a SC400. He has offered to do the project for $5500-$6000. PM me if you'd like the information as I can't post it here. And, BTW, Lextreme is right. There are only a few.

I know of a guy that has successfully twin turboed a SC400. He has offered to do the project for $5500-$6000. PM me if you'd like the information as I can't post it here. And, BTW, Lextreme is right. There are only a few.

TDI still has the dual blower set up from blitz....SCDriver was right about checking out the planet soarer site....lots of great stuff there. Those Ausies are nuts. Some dude took a GS400 eng and trany and shoehorned it into a 1977 celica GT. If I had a daughter I would mail her to him just to get a grandson with his hotrod genetics.

• 9 months later...

Hey congrats on the $, I would love to drop that in mine. Now this is a wierd coincidents. I have a sc 400 and I already own a 02 buell x-1, which I drop a ton of cash in mods (e-me so we can compare)

Have fun