90k Service

BillH2

Does anyone know what the 90K service entails? I am dealing on a 99 SC400 with 85K, if I decide to buy the car, it will need this service done and I would like to do it myself. Don't have access to an owners manual.

Thanks

Bill

Go to lexus.com and regiser your car in the owners section of the site. You can request a free copy of the owner's manual. I don't have mine handy right now, but I'll check it later and post what the 90k service should include.

Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, plugs (NGK), wires, caps, ABS system flush, Cooling system flush, throttle-body cleaning, Trans fluid/filter change (including draining of the torque converter) replacing w/ Toyota Type IV, oil change (perferably Amsoil 0w30 synthetic) / Amsoil high-capacity oil filter, two back-to-back doses of Chevron Techroline.

May not be what the book says, but this is what I'd do to start fresh. About $1,800 at a good independant shop. More than twice that at the Lexus stealership. Doing it yourself???... $600? maybe..Not sure. Cant remember what the waterpump runs now... aftermarket could run as low as $85... dealer $250.

I would also pickup a shop manual. Black market reproduction sets run about $120 on Ebay. That's what I have. Well worth it.

Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, plugs (NGK), wires, caps, ABS system flush, Cooling system flush, throttle-body cleaning, Trans fluid/filter change (including draining of the torque converter) replacing w/ Toyota Type IV, oil change (perferably Amsoil 0w30 synthetic) / Amsoil high-capacity oil filter, two back-to-back doses of Chevron Techroline.

May not be what the book says, but this is what I'd do to start fresh. About $1,800 at a good independant shop. More than twice that at the Lexus stealership. Doing it yourself???... $600? maybe..Not sure. Cant remember what the waterpump runs now... aftermarket could run as low as $85... dealer $250.

I would also pickup a shop manual. Black market reproduction sets run about $120 on Ebay. That's what I have. Well worth it.

Thanks for the info.