Which Battery?

Hello,

I have a 1998 es300 with the original battery. It's time to change it- any recommendations? :whistles:

I just had my car in Hank Mays Goodyear Service center for emissions and an oil change. first time i ever paid 19.99 for an oil change! and they did a good job, even remembered to put oil back in the car! 8)

Normally, i take it to the stealership-Lexus of Westport, CT-$55 per oil change for the past 4 years is enough. Besides, their service counter people talk down to you if you look younger than 30 :chairshot: .I hate them and will never go back :censored: )

Anyway, the wanted $99 for an interstate battery- I asked why- the guy said "I don't make up the prices."

OK. For 100. i can get a sealed red top Optima battery.

BUT, anyone else have other recommendations beside a Sears die hard?

Thanks as always,

:cheers:

g

Hello,

I have a 1998 es300 with the original battery. It's time to change it- any recommendations?  :whistles:

I just had my car in Hank Mays Goodyear Service center for emissions and an oil change. first time i ever paid 19.99 for an oil change! and they did a good job, even remembered to put oil back in the car! 8)

Normally, i take it to the stealership-Lexus of Westport, CT-$55 per oil change for the past 4 years is enough. Besides, their service counter people talk down to you if you look younger than 30  :chairshot: .I hate them and will never go back :censored: )

Anyway, the wanted $99 for an interstate battery- I asked why- the guy said "I don't make up the prices."

OK. For 100. i can get a sealed red top Optima battery.

BUT, anyone else have other recommendations beside a Sears die hard?

Thanks as always,

:cheers:

g

I got a red top for my 98 about 6 months ago, LOVE IT!