Vibration At 65-70

I recently purchased a CPO GS300 that come with New Dunlop SP Sport 5000's. Had tires rotated at 3000 miles at Lexus. As a result, there was a true vibration between 60-68 mph. This was not the case prior to rotation. Lexus took all steps to correct, balancing, re-torque, adjust rotors

Here is the question. There still seems to be a 'slight' vibration at 65 and seems to go away > 70 mph. Is this due to the tire cupping? Are these not the best tires for this vehicle? Should I re-rotate tires? If it is the tires, is it too late? Will it go away as tires wear?

Thanks,

David

If everything is OEM, more than likely it is the tires. We've had this problem in many different forms on here many times. The Lexus is very picky when it comes to tires and rims and balancing. Many of us have had our aftermarket rims balanced multiple times and even had to install centering rings to help fix the problem. <_<

Looking at other tires, I saw this review response on TireRack. Same tires, same impression...

Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical - (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

2002 Lexus GS300 Reviewer's

I replaced the 215-60-16 Goodyear Invictas with the 225-55-16 asymmetrical SP Sport 5000. The Dunlops deliver much sharper turn in and better overall handling. However, the tires transmit a lot of road surface texture to the steering wheel, which can easily be mistaken for a balancing problem. The Goodyears do the same thing, but to a greater degree, and they are an inferior tire. If you want the smoothest ride possible, this is not the right tire. Overall I find the tire a good value and appropriate for my driving style, which includes the occasional hard charge on the expressway ramp. --Review submitted: 2002-12-12

Looking at other tires, I saw this review response on TireRack.  Same tires, same impression...

Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical - (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

2002 Lexus GS300  Reviewer's

I replaced the 215-60-16 Goodyear Invictas with the 225-55-16 asymmetrical SP Sport 5000. The Dunlops deliver much sharper turn in and better overall handling. However, the tires transmit a lot of road surface texture to the steering wheel, which can easily be mistaken for a balancing problem. The Goodyears do the same thing, but to a greater degree, and they are an inferior tire. If you want the smoothest ride possible, this is not the right tire. Overall I find the tire a good value and appropriate for my driving style, which includes the occasional hard charge on the expressway ramp. --Review submitted: 2002-12-12

Good find! B)