Aftermarket Brakes And Rotors-?

I would like to get some Drilled and Slotted Rotors but I heard that the slots make them sqeak. Should I get just Drilled rotors? Also, what are some good brake pads? Kevlar, ceramic, Greenstuff, Metal masters? WHat are the pros, cons, etc...

searching and finding out what everyone else said about these things is the best and only way to start a question.

If you know others have them already then it is not a specific question to your car exclusivly but a very broad one.

That being said their should be more than enough info posted on this website and the rest of the web to answer all of your questions.

But by asking a few very basic questions any research you did was very basic.

But that would then be saying you just wouldn't like someone to give you all the answers without any work on your own part.

I did do some searches on this site, but there were mostly like: "buy this" without an explanation. I just wanted to hear from people who have used these things to tell me their opinion on their performance and if they had any problems. In one post I read that the slotted rotors sqeaked, but then the guy applied some anti-squeak stuff and it was ok. also someone else said that the slotted rotors wear down your brake pads faster that oem or drilled rotors. That is the kind of info that I'm looking for.

about the rotors i would recomend you go with the slotted rotors. this is because drilled rotors decrease the strength of the rotor with repeated heat cycles (the outside of the rotor gets hotter than the inside so they expand at different rates and the holes from the drilling is where cracks start) and with the slotted rotor you will get better braking performance but the pads will wear a little faster since the slots in the rotor will "freshen up" the pads as far as the brake pads i would go with project mu brake pads they have a wide selection of pads with all kinds of temp. ranges

about the rotors i would recomend you go with the slotted rotors. this is because drilled rotors decrease the strength of the rotor with repeated heat cycles (the outside of the rotor gets hotter than the inside so they expand at different rates and the holes from the drilling is where cracks start) and with the slotted rotor you will get better braking performance but the pads will wear a little faster since the slots in the rotor will "freshen up" the pads as far as the brake pads i would go with project mu brake pads they have a wide selection of pads with all kinds of temp. ranges

Some people prefer slotted rotors because of problems that came about when cross drilled rotors first came to market. At that time, quite frequently the holes were drilled too large, penetrated the cooling vanes, and were not radiused or chamfered. The end result was that the rotor lost its structural integrity and tended to crack, so slotted rotors were developed. Today, we rarely experience problem with cross drilled rotors unless they are subjected to extreme abuse, such as in competition. They do help dissipate the hot gasses, but not to the same degree as cross drilled, usually lowering operating temperatures about 100 degrees. They also tend to wear brake pads quicker because the slots act like a razor blade each time they go by. We always recommend cross drilled unless you are particularly concerned with structural integrity. In some cases, only slotted rotors are available. "Hat type" rotors (pictured above) are silver cadmium plated to prevent corrosion. <_<

Generally upgrading my car, and since I need new rotors/pads anyways, I figured I should go aftermarket now on the brakes/rotors rather than buying OEM now then going aftermarket later, and save a little $. I'm not going to be racing if that is what you mean. Thanks for all the comments. I'll look into going just drilled rather than slotted and save $ on replacing pads down the road...