93' Ls 400 Suspension Question

teflon

Question... My 93 LS 400's suspension relaxes at night. When ever I park the car for over 5 hours I come out and find the back of my car looks lowered. I have done no modifications to the suspension, wierd thing is when I put the key in the ignition and start it the auto suspension slowly raises back to the normal height. Is this normal or is my auto suspension malfunctioning??

Question... My 93 LS 400's suspension relaxes at night. When ever I park the car for over 5 hours I come out and find the back of my car looks lowered. I have done no modifications to the suspension, wierd thing is when I put the key in the ignition and start it the auto suspension slowly raises back to the normal height. Is this normal or is my auto suspension malfunctioning??

not normal for only one end to do this. it seems you may have a few thousand dollar repair ahead of you in the near future, but there is the option of converting to a normal suspension for 1/4 of that price. (200 instead of 2000 dollars).

take it to a mechanic, or if you have one, a good dealer to have it diagnosed. if you only have to buy 2 air struts, it shoudlnt be as much of a wallet killer.

• 1 month later...

If you have to replace the rear air struts, Arnott Industries sells remanufactured ones with a lifetime warranty for $350 a piece and my mechanic charged me $100 to do the install. They also sell the air compressor.